new bento ao's any help?

Alexa Dallas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just use the same pre-bento general AO and animations.  If you find bento animations you want you can add those into any AO.  Nothing has changed for the scripting.  Besides, I don't want my AO animations messing with bento bones willy-nilly.   At any given time I may have an AO running my hands, one running tails and ears, another animating strands of hair rigged to the hinds.  For walking and standing I let the standard AO handle the body, Maitreya body HUD runs the hands, LeLutka's HUD runs the face, hair runs the hair rigged to legs I don't have and ... well, I let the bento parts manage the bento animations for those parts.  That way I don;t have to worry about a generic animation trying to move bones already animated by a specific attachment. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

...I don't want my AO animations messing with bento bones willy-nilly.   At any given time I may have an AO running my hands, one running tails and ears, another animating strands of hair rigged to the hinds.  For walking and standing I let the standard AO handle the body, Maitreya body HUD runs the hands, LeLutka's HUD runs the face, hair runs the hair rigged to legs I don't have and ... well, I let the bento parts manage the bento animations for those parts.  That way I don;t have to worry about a generic animation trying to move bones already animated by a specific attachment. 

That's why people buildt the priority system. The bento gestures I bought just ignore all those different AOs that are already moving my different body parts around, as does my furniture. After all, who wants the uniformed Maitreya HUD to play some nonsense animation when your fingers are supposed to hold a cup?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

After all, who wants the uniformed Maitreya HUD to play some nonsense animation when your fingers are supposed to hold a cup?

True.  Which is sort of my point that the fewer things playing randomness, the easier it is for the specific need animation to over ride it. Since we as consumers cannot control the priority levels we are stuck hoping the animator set them appropriately. 

Still amazes me that arms go inside bodies, feet crash through each other and crossed legs look impossibly awkward. Never mind broken ankles.

Maybe the person in the blob-suit with all the wires on should wear a Michelin man outfit to allow air between body parts. Even for skinnies it's an issue.

I've found myself using more pr3 poses setup in the Firestorm AO these days. Then hands, Vista arms, Catwa head/neck/face animations make for a gentle and less flamboyant existence.

Body Language are good, I like them. Best to wait for half price sales as they're not cheap.

Edited by Candice LittleBoots
speling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Maybe the person in the blob-suit with all the wires on should wear a Michelin man outfit to allow air between body parts.

I think one producer still does good old animations by designing them totally in computer instead of mocap (and nope folks that isn't always worse)

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.