Forum suggestions

Bebe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

I already gave you what I believe is ample reason why letting an OP choose 'when its gone far enough' isn't wise.

This is an example of “chastising”. It says, “stop arguing with me”. Whereas, I was modifying my suggestion and asking different ways, providing different details. Do you understand?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

59 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm, maybe a tad overly sensitive today or something?  I saw nothing in the responses that appeared to be "rabid beating down" of the suggestion.  Rather I simply read everything as being reasons why different people didn't think it would be a good idea.

It’s ok, you didn’t see what I saw. It’s fine. Thanks for setting me straight!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This is an examine of “chastising”. It says, “stop arguing with me”. Whereas, I was modifying my suggestion and asking different ways, providing different details. Do you understand?

You kept directly asking me what I thought of your modified suggestions as such you were actively encouraging me to give you my opinion which I did in a polite manner. If you didn't want my opinion, then why on earth did you even ask? Why quote me with a question if you did not want a honest answer? I wouldn't have posted more than my initial post, the following were made in direct response to your inquiries. If someone asks me a direct question, I find it rude not to respond. So I did.

And then I get insulted by you being called rabid as well as spoken to as if I were a child. I do understand, even though english isn't my mother language I think I am quite adequate at it, it however does not make me perfect at catching all the nuances of a response.

Well good Sir, you are officially a jerk.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

You kept directly asking me what I thought of your modified suggestions as such you were actively encouraging me to give you my opinion which I did in a polite manner. If you didn't want my opinion, then why on earth did you even ask? Why quote me with a question if you did not want a honest answer? I wouldn't have posted more than my initial post, the following were made in direct response to your inquiries. If someone asks me a direct question, I find it rude not to respond. So I did.

And then I get insulted by you being called rabid as well as spoken to as if I were a child. I do understand, even though english isn't my mother language I think I am quite adequate at it, it however does not make me perfect at catching all the nuances of a response.

Well good Sir, you are officially a jerk.

Ok. We disagree. I thought you were being impolite by chastising me when I kept making suggestions. Do you understand?

*Edit* Your English is very good. I only mean, do you agree or disagree with my statement. If you “understand”, then that is like “agreeing”. It’s very simple.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

How about a feature to give new users “hints” and “tips”? I would NOT have figured out to click on the “time” in Notifications to go to the latest post, instead of the first post if you click on the title. I’ve seen some “likes” on the first post of my threads where the thread is several pages long, and I assume the forumite did not know to click on the “time”. 

NOTE: This is directed to anyone reading the thread and no specific individual. Just to avoid misunderstandings.

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How about a feature to give new users “hints” and “tips”? I would NOT have figured out to click on the “time” in Notifications to go to the latest post, instead of the first post if you click on the title. I’ve seen some “likes” on the first post of my threads where the thread is several pages long, and I assume the forumite did not know to click on the “time”.

Not sure how you'd implement anything like that as a 'forum feature'.

However, we are all able to post in this thread:   https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/400198-helpful-forum-hints/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.