Forum suggestions

Bebe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As we do have our legacy names as our user names, would it be possible to:

- Add the web profile link at our forum profiles as default website URL;

- Add currently display name as an extra profile field as well

I might be missing something but whenever I want to see someone's SL profile I have to type in on address bar, a link would make everyone's life so much easier!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I might be missing something but whenever I want to see someone's SL profile I have to type in on address bar, a link would make everyone's life so much easier!

I like this.  I am constantly looking at people's profile from the forums.  I have the default page (https://my.secondlife.com/) bookmarked and then all I have to do is add their name to the end, but a click from their forum profile would be awesome.

11 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

- Add currently display name as an extra profile field as well

Yeah, I could definitely go for that.  It's pretty weird to use the username as if it's our name.

Edited by kershe

1 hour ago, kershe said:

Yeah, I could definitely go for that.  It's pretty weird to use the username as if it's our name.

And I was LittleMe Jewell for so long before display names even became available that I can't imagine going by anything other than my username.  

All a matter of what we get used to.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The NSFW profiles ‘tho..!!!

Pussycat Catnap's is probably an example of one with a NSFW pic at the top of her current Feed, but it still isn't a huge pic.  If you're worried, just be sure to click Picks really fast when the page pops up -- the Picks pictures are tiny thumbnails and nobody can see anything from those without clicking on them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Pussycat Catnip's is probably an example of one with a NSFW pic at the top of her current Feed, but it still isn't a huge pic.  If you're worried, just be sure to click Picks really fast when the page pops up -- the Picks pictures are tiny thumbnails and nobody can see anything from those without clicking on them.

Was referring to “About”, have seen RL nudes.

32 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The NSFW profiles ‘tho..!!!

I AR'd one of those the other month.  Not only was it the most graphic I have ever seen but it included some dodgy links to pay per view sex sites the woman supposedly  worked for 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Was referring to “About”, have seen RL nudes.

Maybe different browsers and phones show things differently.  Via my browser, when I'm on the About page, the RL photo is still a tiny thumbnail.  The pics on the Feed are actually larger and could possibly be seen by someone else if they were fairly close to the computer.

I have seen RL nudes on the inworld profiles - and those promptly get reported.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe different browsers and phones show things differently.  Via my browser, when I'm on the About page, the RL photo is still a tiny thumbnail.  The pics on the Feed are actually larger and could possibly be seen by someone else if they were fairly close to the computer.

I have seen RL nudes on the inworld profiles - and those promptly get reported.

You have a point on the small pics. You know what I do when I see a small pic? I click on it, hoping to see it better. With the RL noodz this can be very disconcerting!

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You have a point on the small pics. You know what I do when I see a small pic? I click on it, hoping to see it better. With the RL noodz this can be very disconcerting!

Yeah, I don't click on the thumbnails if I'm anywhere where I might be concerned about what I see.  Though there are a few that you can tell sort of what they are in the thumbnail size (or at least enough to know not to click).

8 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I just looked up a (missing) forumite rabbit on my.secondlife.com

Her picks are very NSFW in world, but they are censored on the website.

The real life isn't though.

Yikes

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Does everyone else see my burn scar dominatrix pic in that link?  I wonder why it chose that image out of all the ones posted.

Yes.  

I've often wondered how it decided what picture to show when thread links are posted in other places.  At first I thought it was specific to the link - whether it was the main thread or a comment, but that doesn't seem to always be the case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.