Land Tier Premium Accounts

Kincraig75

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Here's link to gyazo showing how I do it. It doesn't seem like a video card would make a difference. One thing I have noticed is that I can't have draw distance set to a low number or it won't select. So maybe try making your draw distance higher.

https://gyazo.com/086d06448bb7b1a279ba6f6658772b7f

Thanks for posting this.  I had no idea you could do this.  And it did work for me .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Here's link to gyazo showing how I do it. It doesn't seem like a video card would make a difference. One thing I have noticed is that I can't have draw distance set to a low number or it won't select. So maybe try making your draw distance higher.

https://gyazo.com/086d06448bb7b1a279ba6f6658772b7f

Thank you so much,  I went inworld and tried it and it worked. Never knew about how to do it like this before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

IIRC you need to right click one of the objects, if you right click the ground or a non selected object it won't work.

I've never had to right click one of the objects before.  I simply have to have the Edit window up before trying to rectangle around stuff.

Also, as mentioned, you often need to increase your draw distance and possibly your LOD to grab the tiny objects.  In Firestorm, probably SL Viewer also, there is a setting to keep you from accidentally selecting other people's objects.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've never had to right click one of the objects before.  I simply have to have the Edit window up before trying to rectangle around stuff.

Also, as mentioned, you often need to increase your draw distance and possibly your LOD to grab the tiny objects.  In Firestorm, probably SL Viewer also, there is a setting to keep you from accidentally selecting other people's objects.

It's in all viewers, I believe - Catznip has it also and so does Official LL viewer. I believe it is in the Build menu (it is in Catznip) and it's a toggle called "Select Only My Objects". That, and turning off "Limit Select Objects Distance" in combination can do wonders.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.