Land Tier Premium Accounts

Kincraig75

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

the trick is to make your build so ugly that no one will ever want to move in beside you

Of course this had to come from you... why on earth would I pay tier just to scare away potential neighbours?

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Of course this had to come from you... why on earth would I pay tier just to scare away potential neighbours?

i like having no neighbors, if i wanted neighbors i'd go live on an island estate. And seriously some island estates are the ugliest messes I've ever seen...entire sims of 4096's each surrounded by a 100 m high land wall,

I'm so glad the terraform limit on most mainland is +/- 4m.

I like looking out over the vast expanse of empty prairie beyond my property line.

My biggest fear is someone will move in beside me and build a windfarm.

21 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Shhh, don't say that aloud, now your mental twin has only to find out where you live - they already know what to do...

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

Shhh, don't say that aloud, now your mental twin has only to find out where you live - they already know what to do...

seriously, aside from the lack of severe weather, my biggest disappointment in my trip to Oklahoma in May was seeing mile after mile of wind turbines. They are a blight on the landscape. We dont have many in my home state, instead we have acre after acre of solar panels.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Maybe they planned on errecting an industrial chinmey around it anyway ... I would ;)

Obscure SL history: for a time, the adfarmers successfully bamboozled Governance nitwits into agreeing that even microparcels needed at least one side open for unimpeded access, thus forbidding a complete "chimney" screen. Indeed members of anti-adfarming groups got account suspensions for completely sealing off the ads (even with phantom screens, because nitwits).

50 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Obscure SL history: for a time, the adfarmers successfully bamboozled Governance nitwits into agreeing that even microparcels needed at least one side open for unimpeded access, thus forbidding a complete "chimney" screen. Indeed members of anti-adfarming groups got account suspensions for completely sealing off the ads (even with phantom screens, because nitwits).

Is that still in use? I see so many mainland parcel-shoeboxes contradicting this.

I don't think it's still a rule, and was silly anyway, after point-to-point teleporting became possible (which was before my time, even).

Instead it became a violation to do the kind of cutting that left little microparcels carved out of the middle of for-sale parcels.

7 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and with the derender option , it's gone in less than a second..

All the better for them then.

but its not gone in a second, i have hundreds of items they would have to derender, including the building itself, which isn't linked

I don't even care if they put up a giant screen, I'll just match it on my side with one with the same brick texture i use and pretend its a warehouse next door

but.... if even the slightest edge of a bounding box for a sculpted prim is over the property line, i'll return it.

besides most people don't last on mainland, here today gone tomorrow is the general motto for mainland ownership

*shrugs*

Edited by Phorumities
added lines
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Wish I did this before the gambling place moved in next door.

That's the risk on mainland, someone moves in and fills it with bots and manages to get regular traffic, the sim slows to a craw and its so full you can't even have friends over.

That happened to me once on a parcel  I bought super cheap in Zindra.  It wasn't until after  I moved in I found out why it was so cheap, there was some sort of noob welcome center for orientals and they regularly maxxed out the sim.

53 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

but its not gone in a second, i have hundreds of items they would have to derender, including the building itself, which isn't linked

huh? ... you'r new here?

select and derender.... you can select a few hundred items in one click.... just use the select tool as you would when moving a bunch of non linked items in one time.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

huh? ... you'r new here?

select and derender.... you can select a few hundred items in one click.... just use the select tool as you would when moving a bunch of non linked items in one time.

yes, but u still have to click on each and every item

59 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

nope

I hate to be argumentative, but yes you do.

To derender an item you have to select it. If you want to derender 100 items, you have to highlight each and every one before doing a mass one click derender.

If there is another way, point me to the knowledge base that shows you are right and I am wrong.

Until you provide that proof, I'm done.

4 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

no you really don't it has been described in the Forums well enough in the past...

4 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

OK so we won't provide it - promised :D

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, Phorumities said:

i like having no neighbors, if i wanted neighbors i'd go live on an island estate. And seriously some island estates are the ugliest messes I've ever seen...entire sims of 4096's each surrounded by a 100 m high land wall,

I like looking out over the vast expanse of empty prairie beyond my property line.

Over the last few months, I've had at least five different neighbors move in and out of the plots right next to my home in SL. Finally, earlier today I had enough and when they went up for sale again (for DIRT cheap), I just had enough and bought out all of those unsightly plots.

So much for annoying neighbors moving in. They took a bath too. Each of them paid a lot more for their plots 2 weeks ago than I paid today.

5 hours ago, Nargron said:

They took a bath too. Each of them paid a lot more for their plots 2 weeks ago than I paid today.

no they perhaps didn't, it's totally possible they sold it cheap to prevent another month of additional tier.. in that case they would be really in the bath as you say it.

Thats the same reason why it's often a better choice for some to abandon instead of keeping it another week/month for sale against a higher tier level.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 1:07 AM, Phorumities said:

Virtual wind power 

On 8/4/2018 at 11:38 AM, Phorumities said:

To derender an item you have to select it. If you want to derender 100 items, you have to highlight each and every one before doing a mass one click derender.

If there is another way, point me to the knowledge base that shows you are right and I am wrong.

You can box select a whole group of items and then derender them. Just select one item and while in edit mode click and drag the mouse to box select.

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

You can box select a whole group of items and then derender them. Just select one item and while in edit mode click and drag the mouse to box select.

Whirly said that long ago. I have yet to be able to accomplish it, so perhaps only for some graphics cards?  Not like I am new and don't know how to lasso LOL.  

Here's link to gyazo showing how I do it. It doesn't seem like a graphics card would make a difference. One thing I have noticed is that I can't have draw distance set to a low number or it won't select. So maybe try making your draw distance higher.

https://gyazo.com/086d06448bb7b1a279ba6f6658772b7f

Edited by Blush Bravin
changed video to graphics
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.