Jump to content

Rent Pure Tier For Your Mainland Owning Group


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

The cheapest way to own most parcels of mainland! We can donate tier to your land owning group allowing you to pay less tier and own more land.

With the recent fee changes by LindenLab we have also lowered our rates to L$0.225/sqm/week.

For example, 4096 sqm would cost L$922/week compared to Linden Labs charge of about L$1269/week. Our rates are cheaper for everything up to a quarter sim and even then we can rent you the exact amount of tier you need and adjust it to the nearest square meter whenever you request. This means our rates are usually cheaper for anything as high as a full sim of tier. We can offer this great rate because we buy all our tier in bulk and rent it back out in smaller chunks.

We have been offering this service for 9 years and have literally hundreds of satisfied former and current customers.

Contact me in game to set up the service. We simply need you to invite Elanthius Flagstaff into your group, let me know how much tier you need and I'll set up a rental box right away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting concept. 

OR as many threads of late here have pointed out, one could "make" three alts and pay yearly for approximately  65 lindens a week for a 4096 ($1ish US a month).  Of course if folks with older premium alts got together it would be absolutely free which is even better.  But of course there is the upfront costs of that which some folks wouldn't want to do. 

So many choices :D.   

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait... Linden Lab doesn't charge by the week.

I'm just saying that I don't understand what is being said or compared. Please correct me if I am totally not understanding the OP:

OP says you pay weekly rent and that weekly rent is cheaper than LL. But LL weekly rent is ZERO (0) for up to 1024m2 and 50% less now for each tier higher than before.

Not trying to be a troll or anything; I am genuinely confused as to what the OP is saying or advertising.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not $0 for 1024sqm. It's $72 per year. Of course, on top of that you get your stipend. Also the new rates with LL are only 10% cheaper not 50%.

It's true you don't pay LL weekly, you pay monthly (or annually!) but nonetheless my rates are cheaper than LLs whether you calculate them monthly or weekly. I just charge weekly for convenience but you can pay any amount into the rental box you wish and it will apply the proper number of days.

As for the $1 a month thing recommended by Chic. I think your calculations are a bit wrong (I think it's actually $1 per month per alt) but the general concept is true that you can create many alts and set up annual billing and whatever else to work around the system (good luck if you need more accounts than are allowed per credit card). With my tier rental offer you don't even need to be premium and you can pay all your rent in L$ and own land with the flexibility of paying week by week instead of committing to a whole year.

Edited by Elanthius Flagstaff
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a little confused also. It's been a long day. So, let me summarize, to see if I have this clear:

- I contact you and let you know how much tier I need 
- I create a group, add you, and you add the tier to the group
- You create a rental box which I pay weekly in L's for the tier I'm renting from you
- I purchase land for my group (and don't have to donate tier because the tier I'm "renting" is already available in my group).

You mention that I wouldn't even need to be premium, so that's an assumption that as long as I'm in a group role (like owner) that can buy land for the group, and the group has enough available tier, that I can purchase land for the group without being premium?  That's a new one for me, though I've never thought about it in this type of situation (or tried it, either).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the group owns the land and you own the group. I would just be a regular member of that group. I suppose a nefarious third party who also owns the group could kick you out or sell the land but only if you put them in a role with those permissions. Group ownership for land does have some pitfalls but there are a lot of benefits also.

Moira has the gist of it. When a group has land donated you can "Buy land for group" to put it directly in the group. It's a bit more complex that way. To be honest I think most people use my service to to up the tier they already get as a premium member.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elanthius Flagstaff said:

When a group has land donated you can "Buy land for group" to put it directly in the group.

Just wanted to note that when I tried to buy land for group earlier in the week I got the message that I was not allowed since I wasn't premium. That "could" have been a mixup at the beginning (it wasn't the first day of the tier upgrade however).  So I gave the money to someone in the group that was premium and THEY bought it for the group.   

I know that in the past a non-premium person could buy for their group but that MAY have changed. So before getting a plan it would be good to test that out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2018 at 8:10 AM, Elanthius Flagstaff said:

It's not $0 for 1024sqm. It's $72 per year. Of course, on top of that you get your stipend. Also the new rates with LL are only 10% cheaper not 50%.

It's true you don't pay LL weekly, you pay monthly (or annually!) but nonetheless my rates are cheaper than LLs whether you calculate them monthly or weekly. I just charge weekly for convenience but you can pay any amount into the rental box you wish and it will apply the proper number of days.

As for the $1 a month thing recommended by Chic. I think your calculations are a bit wrong (I think it's actually $1 per month per alt) but the general concept is true that you can create many alts and set up annual billing and whatever else to work around the system (good luck if you need more accounts than are allowed per credit card). With my tier rental offer you don't even need to be premium and you can pay all your rent in L$ and own land with the flexibility of paying week by week instead of committing to a whole year.

Okay, I understand now. Thank you for explaining! :)

However: If I am a premium member I've already spent the $72 - so I may as well stick with my free land. If I were *not* a premium member (I haven't spent the $72) then renting from you is certainly a killer deal. I get it now.

As for the "50% tier discount" - if I said it that way then I apologize, I mean to say it "combined costs 50% less" - because it does.

The OLD way: Own 2048m2 = free 512, means you pay for 1536 - this bumped you way up into tier 3 ($15 a month).

The NEW way: Own 2048m2 = free 1024, means you pay for 1024 - this bumped you only into tier 2 ($7 a month).

So I was meaning that, for example, owning a 2048 parcel is 50% less now than before. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Renting tier from an established provider can certainly work out well for non-US-users who pay more for premium, thanks to conversion fees and such.

I've been renting tier for 8700 sqm for a good while now, which gave me a somewhat better deal. For that, I'm paying 4 weeks in advance and the provider has added an alt to my land group to donate the amount of tier. Now I'm waiting for new prices while the current rental is running out.

... and I just noticed that I have a flaw in my new "after the 1024 sqm change" calculations... forgot to add VAT on potential extra tier stages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Renting tier from an established provider can certainly work out well for non-US-users who pay more for premium, thanks to conversion fees and such.

I've been renting tier for 8700 sqm for a good while now, which gave me a somewhat better deal. For that, I'm paying 4 weeks in advance and the provider has added an alt to my land group to donate the amount of tier. Now I'm waiting for new prices while the current rental is running out.

... and I just noticed that I have a flaw in my new "after the 1024 sqm change" calculations... forgot to add VAT on potential extra tier stages.

It’s great you have a good experience, and this is useful as an option. I find it very confusing that the original poster uses the term “own”:

On 3/20/2018 at 10:15 AM, Elanthius Flagstaff said:

allowing you to pay less tier and own more land.

Whereas, it seems the details show that this is actually a “rental” scenario.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that depends on your point of view...

Looking straight at the land info, your group is indeed the "owner" of the Mainland plot ... setting aside all quarrels about the topic if you can ever actually own Mainland.
It will never work for a single avatar as an owner, since you depend on the group to actually receive the tier contribution.

As a RL example, you can probably put it like this:
You bought the house, but you pay a third party to use their bonus to pay your taxes for you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Well, that depends on your point of view...

Looking straight at the land info, your group is indeed the "owner" of the Mainland plot ... setting aside all quarrels about the topic if you can ever actually own Mainland.
It will never work for a single avatar as an owner, since you depend on the group to actually receive the tier contribution.

As a RL example, you can probably put it like this:
You bought the house, but you pay a third party to use their bonus to pay your taxes for you.

Ah, so you are renting group-owned land, and you are a member of the group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, so you are renting group-owned land, and you are a member of the group.

To best protect yourself, not only are you a member of the group, but you should be the founding owner of the group, and probably don't need to have anyone else in the group except an alt as co-owner and the person you're renting the tier from (and in a role that does not allow them rights over the land).   So your own group owns the land, and as long as you protect your group,  you should be fine. 

 

Edited by moirakathleen
fixed wrong word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...