You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was just wondering with all the land changes that are being made, is there any chance of an increase of the prim ceiling. I enjoy the ability to have the additional prims. However it would be nice to build even 500m-1000m higher. Is there a reason there has not been a change to this limitation or are there any plans to change it in the near future. As someone who enjoys riding bike tracks and roads, I would love to see what builders can create with more space. Thanks!!!

10 hours ago, Dizzyscorpio Dragovar said:

I was just wondering with all the land changes that are being made, is there any chance of an increase of the prim ceiling. I enjoy the ability to have the additional prims. However it would be nice to build even 500m-1000m higher. Is there a reason there has not been a change to this limitation or are there any plans to change it in the near future. As someone who enjoys riding bike tracks and roads, I would love to see what builders can create with more space. Thanks!!!

When Second Life was created originally the build limit was far lower than it is today. With the way Second Life works building high over a parcel already causes problems with math errors that can affect mesh appearances, etc. and the higher you go the worse it gets.

I wouldn't mind an arbitrarily thin layer somewhere up there with identical and immutable grid-wide land settings: aggressive auto-return, scripts and object-entry permitted.

Otherwise, I don't see any point in being able to build higher than 4km; whatever the ceiling, it'll fill with layer upon layer of low-rent skydome housing projects for newbies.

(Incidentally, back when the limit was lower -- 768m above ground level -- it used to be possible to stack up prims well above that limit, and one could fly much higher, too, with or without a vehicle. The current 4096m ceiling is a lot less penetrable.)

16 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I wouldn't mind an arbitrarily thin layer somewhere up there with identical and immutable grid-wide land settings: aggressive auto-return, scripts and object-entry permitted.

It would be very nice indeed. Also make it so you cant see avatars vertically outside the thin layer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.