hello when i try to run SL viewer on ubuntu this message show ¨Second Life appears to have crashed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

this is the full message that shows:
Second Life appears to have crashed or frozen last time it ran.
This crash reporter collects information about your computer's hardware, operating system, and some Second Life logs, all of which are used for debugging purposes only.

I´ll be very thankful for any possible solution.

2501 Core.

2 answers to this question

Hello 2501 Core. You may just bypass that error message by clicking OK you should be able to log in afterwards.

ETA:  If it continues giving you the same error. Try trashing the second life folder as well as the .secondlife folder and make a brand new install.

P.S. The .secondlife folder is located in your home folder, you might have to click CTL+H to see it as it is a hidden folder. Good Luck.

• Like 1

Hello Darren Scorpio:

I´m very thankful for your answer.But eventhough i followed all your suggestions,none of them worked.

I keep getting the same error message.I´ve tried running the program in the Gnome terminal and get the same error message.

I´ve been searching on many blogs and forums,but it seems like no one else got the same issue.

So i´ll keep on searching for an answer.But if you got any other suggestion,i´ll really appreciate it.

Thank you very much. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.