So I laid an egg... :P

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey hey hey, dear helpers!

Raising from the dead, I just laid and egg for Easter but need your help to get a script working right to open/close the lid... 

The script provided with the mesh template makes the whole egg bend, not just just the upper lid (or maybe it's just me being dumb - one VERY probable possibility!) and the idea is to put a surprise item inside the egg. My goal is to create a gift for my friends and customers. :) 

Of course I'm willing to pay whoever could help me on this one. 

Here's a picture of the egg as it is (linked):

Thanks a bunch and hugs to all of you! Missed you! <3

egg.jpg

It's likely you need to edit the egg, then click the little "edit linked parts" tickbox, then highlight the lid to get a blue outline - putting the script into the lid only. If the whole thing rotates then you have put it in the root, yellow outline.

Otherwise, for the sake of completeness if you want a different script;

A mesh capable, linked door script should do the job - assuming the top is a seperate part, and linked as a child (blue outline, not yellow)

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Smooth_Rotating_Linked_Door_With_Hinge

This one works well, but you do need to fiddle a little to find the correct HINGE_POSITION

• Thanks 1

That will either be extremely easy or rather difficult, depending on how the mesh was made. If it was made with a tiny transparent pivot element (it would be of to the right in your photo), then the hinge for flipping its lid is appropriately where you see a "hinge" in the photo.  In that case, you should be able to drop a very simple hinge script into it -- possible with minor adjustment -- and VOILA!  If that's not the way it was built, though, you'll need to hire a scripter to write a more complicated script that takes into account the hinge's offset from the center of the egg.

EDIT   (Hi Val!) -- It should be very easy to tell whether you can get away with the simple hinge script I recommended.  If you try to open the top manually, does it rotate properly at the visible hinge?  If so, you're saved.  :)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

That will either be extremely easy or rather difficult, depending on how the mesh was made. If it was made with a tiny transparent pivot element (it would be of to the right in your photo), then the hinge for flipping its lid is appropriately where you see a "hinge" in the photo.  In that case, you should be able to drop a very simple hinge script into it -- possible with minor adjustment -- and VOILA!  If that's not the way it was built, though, you'll need to hire a scripter to write a more complicated script that takes into account the hinge's offset from the center of the egg.

Rolig, you know what? I love you! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.