Love Zhaoying

Proposal for Countering Vampire nonsense

1 minute ago, Syn Anatine said:

Let's face it, she will forever be the best counter to vampires.

295385_BuffyCazavampiros.jpg

FOREVER.

but that's the imposter of the series remake =^.^=

Just now, Fionalein said:

but that's the imposter of the series remake =^.^=

Wut. No, that's the original O.o

Wait, there's a remake? Wtf. Why would they. NO. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Just now, Syn Anatine said:

Wut. No, that's the original O.o

Wait, there's a remake? Wtf. Why would they. NO. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

No, few know, but the series was a remake of a previous movie ;)

No, few know, but the series was a remake of a previous movie ;)

Are you talking about the 1992 Buffy movie?

3 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Are you talking about the 1992 Buffy movie?

Yeah, I guess to hardcore buffy fans that one never happened =^.^=

Yeah, I guess to hardcore buffy fans that one never happened =^.^=

Ah no actually, the Buffy show is not a remake of it. The movie was wildly popular so they turned it into a TV show. Joss Whedon wrote the screenplay for the movie and then took over entirely creating the whole Buffy verse.

The original movie is okay, but...Buffy has the personality of a blow up doll in it. I much much much prefer the show. I thought they would make a remake of the show in recent times, jesus don't scare me like that! Everyone needs to keep their dirty hands off of that show and let it stand as is, even if the ending is ***** due to Gellar calling it quits out of the blue.

On 4/16/2018 at 1:28 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Ah no actually, the Buffy show is not a remake of it. The movie was wildly popular so they turned it into a TV show. Joss Whedon wrote the screenplay for the movie and then took over entirely creating the whole Buffy verse.

The original movie is okay, but...Buffy has the personality of a blow up doll in it. I much much much prefer the show. I thought they would make a remake of the show in recent times, jesus don't scare me like that! Everyone needs to keep their dirty hands off of that show and let it stand as is, even if the ending is ***** due to Gellar calling it quits out of the blue.

Actually, the movie is prologue to the series. But not the movie as distributed, which was altered from what Joss wrote - I think Buffy was supposed to have more depth and the love interest wasn't going to survive, or something. Buffy fans have long speculated on how the movie was supposed to look, and what happens between the movie and Sunnydale... Fortunately, the plan to make a new TV series, based only off the movie, with no Whedon input, died.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2018 at 5:46 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Here is my multi-pronged proposal for enabling people to counter and nullify the vampire RP, where “if bitten, you must join the RP because we said so.”

Step 1) Create a “Werewolf” group (with group messaging off to prevent Spam). Group info should explain “Since I am a Werewolf, I am immune to vampires.”  Group members should get a notecard to give any would-be vampire attackers. This is the entire point of the group, no actual RP required.

Step 2) Create a “Zombie” group (with group messaging off to prevent Spam). Group info should explain “Since I am a Zombie, I am already undead and immune to vampires.”  Group members should get a notecard to give any would-be vampire attackers. This is the entire point of the group, no actual RP required.

Step 3) Create a “Shapeshifters” group (with group messaging off to prevent Spam). Group info should explain “Since I am a Shapeshifter, I am immune to vampires.”  Group members should get a notecard to give any would-be vampire attackers. This is the entire point of the group, no actual RP required.

Step 4) If roleplay is desired, the Werewolves, Zombies, Shapeshifters, etc. can gang up on the vampires. Example: “You have been attacked by a Werewolf, a vampire, and a shapeshifter, so now you are one of us. Because we said so.”

There's a much, much simpler approach.

No notecard required. Just be too hot to bite.

V, Fire Demon

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 6:52 AM, Talligurl said:

I once accepted a bite, I was still new to SL when some girl asked if she could bite me. I thought she wanted to do something kinky. The thing is even though she bit me I never saw any adverse effects, and that was my only encounter with vampires in SL

Same here, back in my early days I was asked if I could be bitten, I figured why not. It never came up again. I did use the garlic necklace in later years only at the insistence of a friend. 

Consent rules all. Unless I consent to be bitten and consent to join a RP - no RP will happen.

”A single prong solution”

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen