mystikmeep

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Windows 10 Pro / Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU / 2.53GHz / 16.0GB RAM / 64bit

https://gyazo.com/a11bca398abc8aa6715896180ca62811

https://gyazo.com/94d853109bf1b72b61a737a0d6bdb631

these are what's happening. It suddenly happened like that two days ago. 

I even re-packed into new items, reset skeleton&animation, reinstalled the viewer, reset cache/clearing cache, and rebooting, nothing was able to solve the problems in those links.

Strange thing is, only several my avatar attachments are broken like that. Other objects and users' attachments are rendering properly.

Does anybody know why is this happening all of a sudden, and the solution to fix this issue?

Thank you TT

Edited by mystikmeep

5 answers to this question

Do other people see the attachments the same way? Because that is quite weird.

Which viewer are you using, the LL one or a TPV like Firestorm/Black Dragon/so on?

I see they should be the MOR wings... You could try asking in the MOR group for assistance.

bentodemonwingsad.jpg.a8b02dfa1567adf562bd65d51c0d6f5d.jpga11bca398abc8aa6715896180ca62811.thumb.png.8192f06658a6593d8176518d15d4267e.png

Edit: It might help if you can please do Help>About and copy/paste the info tab.

Edited by Callum Meriman

13 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Do other people see the attachments the same way? Because that is quite weird.

Which viewer are you using, the LL one or a TPV like Firestorm/Black Dragon/so on?

I see they should be the MOR wings... You could try asking in the MOR group for assistance.

bentodemonwingsad.jpg.a8b02dfa1567adf562bd65d51c0d6f5d.jpga11bca398abc8aa6715896180ca62811.thumb.png.8192f06658a6593d8176518d15d4267e.png

Edit: It might help if you can please do Help>About and copy/paste the info tab.

Yeah that is really weird. I use Firestorm, and I sent IM to the seller yesterday so hopefully he answers by today.

Other people see my avatar properly, that means my desktop has an issue with rendering certain objects. 

However, I have Surface 2 Pro running, on the same viewer (Firestorm) only my avatar isn't rendering properly. For example, the ears part becomes square panel like in the photo link I left.

1 hour ago, mystikmeep said:

Yeah that is really weird. I use Firestorm, and I sent IM to the seller yesterday so hopefully he answers by today.

From experience, the MOR creator can get busy making things, and IM capped too, so the answer might be a bit longer. The group can be a quicker idea sometimes.

Do you see other's bento heads and hands?

The only other thought I can think of is to strip your body down to just wings, I notice mecha parts, so remove those especially. There may be a weird conflict between rigging. I see this sometimes with my ears and tail messing up other bento things, especially wings.

I know you mentioned it only happened two days ago, but it's something to rule out.

Also, copy paste the about>Help... so we can check versions and so on.

Since others see them OK that narrows the possibilities to your connection, viewer, or computer.

Do the easy, quick, likely to solve the problem steps first...

Before one starts reinstalling or clearing cache, try another viewer. Many of us have both Firestorm and the Linden viewers installed. The Linden viewer is needed if you resort to Linden Support. They only help those that use the Linden viewer. Firestorm support will also ask if you have the same problem in the Linden viewer. So, it is a key troubleshooting step.

If you render correctly in another viewer you have eliminated cache and computer problems. If not, you have eliminated Firestorm as the problem. This gives you a better direction for determining next steps.

Since the viewers changed how the caches work and use mostly HTTP for downloads the texture and object caches seldom get corrupted. So, clearing those are last resort steps. However, Firestorm seems to have some problem with the Inventory List cache getting corrupted. The symptom of that is missing inventory, not things failing to render. You can't get to them to put them on or take them off.

Connection to the SL servers is the most common problem. Good Internet connection is NOT the same as a good connection to SL. So, test that early on. Also, most people think of the Internet as an unchanging, stable, and reliable. It isn't. It changes by the millisecond. Also, the SL servers are constantly changing as people move into and out of regions. So, eliminate the connection as the problem early on. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

So, move to another region. Take off the problem attachment before changing regions. The servers package up information about your avatar and send it to the server you are entering. So, if that info is corrupt you'll likely see the same problem in the next server too. To get the cleanest reload, log out and log into a different region. You need to know at least a couple of regions names for empty and deserted regions for times when these problems come up. I use Pooley and Furball,  just because I remember the names. These are Linden regions that are mostly empty and deserted.

Often in the troubleshooting steps, the problem suddenly disappears. Avoid jumping to the conclusion that what you just did was the solution. Remember what you did and try it first next time you see the problem.

Often network problems resolve while you are logging out and back in. So, it is difficult to tell if it was the viewer that needed a restart, the network self-healing, or the SL server recovering from an overload problem or what. SL is likely the most complex and largest multi-component software you use.Lots of places and things to go wrong.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.