gregthos

Linden Home 1024

Question

If I read the instructions correctly am I to create a new home all over again? And what of the things that are in my existing home?

6 answers to this question

No, no!  You don't have to do that.

There are three ways to buy land on the Mainland.  All of them require that you have a Premium membership.  (There are other ways to buy or rent land without a Premium membership, but let's skip those for now.)

1.  You can get a free Linden Home.  These homes are pre-built, and are on 512 sq m. parcels.  They have a prim allowance of 175.  These do not change under the new policy.  If you have a Linden Home and like it, you may keep it, just as it is.
  2. You can buy a parcel of land on the Mainland, from another resident or through a land auction.  Before, you could buy up to 512 sq. m. and you would not have to pay a monthly tier fee on it.  Under the new policy, you can now buy up to 1024 sq. m. and not pay a monthly tier fee.  A parcel this size would give you a prim limit of 350.  If you are feeling constricted by the limitations of a Linden Home, you can abandon it, buy a 1024 sq. m. parcel of land, and put your own home on it.
  3. You can buy one of the "Horizons Homes" near the Horizons Experience gaming regions.  These homes are on 1024 sq. m. parcels.  You can use the control panel there to rez any of six Horizons-themed homes, or you can put your own home on the parcel.  Horizons regions are rated Adult.

If you own more than 1024 sq m., you'll pay a monthly tier fee on the land that's over that amount.  However, LL has just reduced the tier fees by about 10% across the board.

• Like 3

To add on to that and answer your second question.

Any furniture, decorations, pets and whatever else you have placed in your home can simply be picked up. The items will appear back in your inventory and can then be placed in a new home.

Right click and select 'take' to pick up an item.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, no!  You don't have to do that.

There are three ways to buy land on the Mainland.  All of them require that you have a Premium membership.  (There are other ways to buy or rent land without a Premium membership, but let's skip those for now.)

1.  You can get a free Linden Home.  These homes are pre-built, and are on 512 sq m. parcels.  They have a prim allowance of 175.  These do not change under the new policy.  If you have a Linden Home and like it, you may keep it, just as it is.
  2. You can buy a parcel of land on the Mainland, from another resident or through a land auction.  Before, you could buy up to 512 sq. m. and you would not have to pay a monthly tier fee on it.  Under the new policy, you can now buy up to 1024 sq. m. and not pay a monthly tier fee.  A parcel this size would give you a prim limit of 350.  If you are feeling constricted by the limitations of a Linden Home, you can abandon it, buy a 1024 sq. m. parcel of land, and put your own home on it.
  3. You can buy one of the "Horizons Homes" near the Horizons Experience gaming regions.  These homes are on 1024 sq. m. parcels.  You can use the control panel there to rez any of six Horizons-themed homes, or you can put your own home on the parcel.  Horizons regions are rated Adult.

If you own more than 1024 sq m., you'll pay a monthly tier fee on the land that's over that amount.  However, LL has just reduced the tier fees by about 10% across the board.

How can you do option 2, at this moment i have option 1?

28 minutes ago, David001 Leonard said:

So, abandon your Linden Home if you want a single 1024 sq m parcel elsewhere.  If you want to have a total of 1024 sq m including your Linden Home, buy a 512 sq m parcel.  Either way, yo will be using your total Premium fee waiver for 1024 sq m of land on the mainland.

To buy something - after abandoning your Linden home, if you want -- pull up the map inworld and look for parcels for sale.  Or you can use the inworld Land Search option.  Then TP to the land, click on the land and 'Buy'. Most people TP around to many parcels before deciding on one.

Or you can check out an auction and try to buy something there. 
https://usd.auctions.secondlife.com/lin/auction/auction/list/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, David001 Leonard said:

1. Stand in your Linden Home.  Take any no copy items back into your inventory, delete other items.
  2. Go to the World menu, select Parcel Details.  Click the Abandon button.
  3. Find a parcel for sale.  (Actually, this should probably be Step 1).  Use the main Map, with Land Sale checked in the map legend, and/or use Search>Land and Rentals>View all land and rentals.  Set the search parameters to Sale, Mainland, and size at 1024.  Visit likely looking parcels in person to check them out.
  4. When you've abandoned your Linden Home and found a parcel you like, again go to World/Parcel Details, or right click the ground and choose About Land.  Click the Buy Land button and follow the instructions.

I teach a class on Second Life land on Saturdays at 12 noon SL time at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend!  Maybe I'll see you there; you'd learn lots of other stuff about land.

• Like 1