Old premium member and new double land allotment

Simon Fenwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I am an old Premium member (2009, before Linden gave free houses) - I have been reading about this upgrade or premium members and I would like to know how it applies to me. I own a small piece of land that land I bought years ago (512 sqm plot). Can anyone shed some light on if i can add another 512 sqm plot with a house? Or, if i wanted a 1024 sqm plot, do i abandon (or sell) my existing land a buy a new plot?  Thank you.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Either one.  You're entitled to a waiver for monthly fees on up to 1024 sq m of land on the Mainland now instead of just 512.  And the 1024 doesn't have to be all in a single parcel. So you can buy another 512 somewhere or abandon your present one and buy a 1024.  As always, you pay the one-time purchase price for the land.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To add to Rolig's answer:  Your tier-free 1024 square meters can be divided up.  You can have your current 512, and buy another 512 anywhere on the Mainland for use as a second home.  OR you can sell or abandon your current land and buy a 1024 parcel.  OR, if there's a parcel for sale next door to your house, you can buy it and join the two parcels to make one 1024 one.

Note that in order to be able to use all the prims in any way you like, multiple parcels must be in the same region.  For example, if I own 512 sq m in Masocado and 512 sq. m. in Impish Glee, I can rez 175 prims in each parcel.  BUT, if both parcels are in Masocado, I can rez all 350 prims on one of them and leave the other one empty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Assuming I was willing to abandon my LL home in favor of a 1024m plot. Who would i talk to about that, and what setup fees are we looking at?

Also I pay tier on a full region through A Chung estates. Could this tier waiver for 1024m be applied to that parcel?

Thank you in advance

Jenn

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MordsithJenn said:

Who would i talk to about that, and what setup fees are we looking at?

you have to talk to nobody, if you want to do it, you can totally do it yourself :)

You can buy any mainland parcel that is for sale, prices vary by place... like roadside or oceanview/ waterside .. but it's mainly have a look around what fits your budget and what you think it important.

19 minutes ago, MordsithJenn said:

Also I pay tier on a full region through A Chung estates. Could this tier waiver for 1024m be applied to that parcel?

no,  the new tier levels / prices only apply to mainland what you buy, not to private estates or rented out parcels.

• Like 1

@MordsithJennTo abandon your LL home, you just right-click the land and select “Abandon Land”, I believe (it’s been awhile).

There are no “setup fees” for mainland, just the cost of “buying” the land (directly from another user, or from auctions, etc.).

If you are paying A Chung Estates that is “rent” and has no impact on tier.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Simon Fenwitch said:

Привет, я старый член премии (2009, до того, как Линден дал бесплатные дома). Я читал об этом обновлении или участниках премии, и я хотел бы знать, как это относится ко мне. У меня есть небольшой участок земли, который я купил много лет назад (участок площадью 512 кв. М). Может ли кто-нибудь пролить свет, если я могу добавить еще участок площадью 512 кв. М с домом? Или, если мне нужен участок площадью 1024 кв. М, я оставляю (или продаю) свою существующую землю, покупаю новый участок? Спасибо.

Hello!
According to the Information, from Linden Lab give you 512M if you have your premium house and your house it is 512m.
If you give up your premium home, then you will have 1024M 351 Prim
You have to buy a plot on the mainland and you do not pay for the plot once, for rent ... but! you do not pay every week, you only pay for the purchase.
You too can leave your home 512, and then take a plot of 512 .. without giving up your house

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.