I got overcharged by marketplace. How do I get my L$ back? Create Case not working.

Cierrah Blair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried to submit this in Create Case, but it keeps telling me I am missing info and the box is blank. My main problem is I got overcharged in SL marketplace and I'm not sure how I get my L$ back.

I have checked:

Email I received when I pressed the Purchase button - has the right stuff in the list

Order History on Marketplace website - has the right stuff in the list

My account history on the second life website - shows a totality different order with 3 extra charges and one charge that is L$9 more then it should be.

Received all the stuff in Second life on the lists I found on both Email and Order history.

5 answers to this question

it's not possible to be overcharged buying stuff from the marketplace. you buy the stuff for the price that is set. is it possible you could have had items in your cart from before?

you can check what you ordered and the price for each item in your mp order history. (when logged in) my marketplace > my account > order history

yes, I checked the History in detail .. I received the items i ordered.. but there were extra charges on my Second life Transaction History. Mostly, I just want to know if anyone has an idea on how to contact the lindens if Create Case Isn't working and I don't have a premium account so i can't use the Live Chat or Phone call. "this can't happen" really isn't an answer, because it did.

Interesting, you are the 2nd person today saying that, see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/Market-place-charged-for-Item-not-on-invoice/qaq-p/834695

You will need to submit a ticket, if the system is not working it could just be weekend glitches, try again later, they probably wouldn`t get around to dealing with the ticket until after the weekend anyway so hopefully it should work by then.

Same thing just happened to me, I bought 695L worth of merchandise and the total taken from my account was 745L.... the transaction record on Marketplace is correct, by personal transactions shows odd amounts that don't match what I bought... yet they are all listed as part of the same SL Marketplace Order. I rec'd my items, but I want my 50L back... I wonder how often this happens and people don't check carefully to see they were charged correctly... nice way to turn a profit by pilfering small amounts off multi item purchases on Marketplace. I am beyond annoyed.

@Anessa, I doubt that LL created the system with the intent to scam money, obviously something is going wrong. Submit a ticket showing copies of where the charges don`t match up and hopefully LL will be able to get to the cause of the problem.

Obviously 50L isn`t very much but if the system is not working then it could potentially do the same thing to someone for much larger amounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.