Problem opening boxes

lofipop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whenever I drag a box to the ground it does the little star circle thing but then it disappears. I've still got it in my inventory but it just doesn't want to show up when I place it on the ground. I've tried placing it further away from my avatar and closer but nothing happens. I've tried multiple sandboxes. I play SL on a windows 10. I've included a picture of what I mean by " star circle thing "

Screenshot (113).png

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, lofipop said:

Whenever I drag a box to the ground it does the little star circle thing but then it disappears. I've still got it in my inventory but it just doesn't want to show up when I place it on the ground. I've tried placing it further away from my avatar and closer but nothing happens. I've tried multiple sandboxes. I play SL on a windows 10. I've included a picture of what I mean by " star circle thing "

Screenshot (113).png

It looks to me like you are trying to rez the hud for the hair.  This is to be worn so ADD and it will appear on your screen and have different hair colours in for the Hairstyle which you also wear..  It looks like your items were already delivered opened in a folder in your invent

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lofipop said:

oh wow It worked. Thank you so much. sorry if it was a stupid question, i'm a complete newbie ( as u can most likely tell )

Not a stupid question :)  we were all new once too.   

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lofipop said:

so what should I do? the hair colours appear on my screen when I add it or wear the item

Look down the list of things in that folder some are called Bianca Hairstyle with [L] [M]  these are the hair to wear in different sizes.  Once worn that hud of colours on your screen can be touched and those colours will apply to the hairstyle that you should ADD and it will appear on your head

ignore the strike through I cant seem to turn that off

Edited by Cindy Evanier

On 3/18/2018 at 11:33 AM, lofipop said:

oh wow It worked. Thank you so much. sorry if it was a stupid question, i'm a complete newbie ( as u can most likely tell )

New is ok. Just be aware some of us have a REALLY hard time not teasing and spoofing the new... I'm resisting... really...

SL is not overly complex. There is just a lot to learn.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
spelling typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.