I want to convert Publisher Documents to Textures so that I can create fancy stationery Possible?

Chant Lyric

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do Avi's use fancy little icons in their Pics/Profile? and is it possible to create a Publisher document then upload as a Text - I want to create personalised stationery, invitations, brochures using publisher. Is this possible? if not how do u create text in SL onto objects, i,.e. making signs,stationery or anything else.

Thanks Chant Lyric

3 answers to this question

You can upload any textures to SL if they are in JPG, TGA, PNG, or BMP format.  It doesn't make any difference what program you use to create those files.   Before you upload a texture, it is smart to make each of its dimensions an even power of 2 (that is, 32, 64, 128, 512, or 1024), so that you have images that are, for example, 128 x 512 pixels.  Otherwise, SL will automatically redimension odd-sized images to power-of-two dimensions, causing some potential distortion and loss of resolution.  No dimension of an image can be larger than 1024 pixels.

To apply a texture to any prim face, just drag it from your inventory with your mouse and drop it onto the face.  To apply a texture to all faces of a prim, open your Edit window (CTRL + 3), select the prim, go to the Textures tab, and drag the texture into the texture-picker panel.  There are other ways as well, but that's a good one to know about for starters.

Take a look at THIS KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLE for more information.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.