What makes you reject a hair style?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I reject hairs often because its not fitting to my face, apparently.
Its easy to spot nice hair at the MP or inworld, and sometimes its even love at first sight. So i try the demo just to find out,  it just doesnt look that good on me at all. :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, Liana Wildmist said:

What would you guys count as high complexity?

The highest I've had in my inventory was a group gift that came in at 115K...and it isn't that special looking either!

Interestingly, all my nicest examples are under 20K, and often much, much less. I'd think twice about wearing anything over 30-40K unless it was the only option I had for a special outfit.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Liana Wildmist said:

What would you guys count as high complexity? It's made me wonder how bad mine are!

A lot of my newer ones are coming in under 10k, but I still wear a lot of my 30-35k ones.  For new stuff, I wouldn't buy it if it is over 30k, and would probably think a bit harder on the purchase decision if it was over 20k.  

However, I think it also depends on what your typical outfit is like.  If you tend to wear a lot of really low CI clothes/shoes, then you have more room for higher CI in the hair - IMO.  I simply try to keep my total CI at 50k or lower, though I do sometimes go above (not counting special stuff for picture shoots).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

The highest I've had in my inventory was a group gift that came in at 115K...and it isn't that special looking either!

While cleaning inventory, I came across one that was 260K once.  It had a lot of alpha textures in it, thus the high CI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Floats over the breasts. clips through the breasts. floats over my head. parts of my head clip through it. doesn't have a good enough black. doesn't have my color of teal. ect. honestly i'm pretty picky when it comes to hair. overall things depend on what body or avatar i'm using that day. I don't use hair on my snokra except for action hair: Sid due to me being able to alpha out the back and use it with my mane. when i'm using my anime avatar it has to fit my ASR head. no floating over it. when i'm using katena avatar i have to find something that doesn't clip into the breasts and isn't too long in the back. i guess most people have one single head and body they use but i like to make different avatars. its fun for me.

2 hours ago, Liana Wildmist said:

What would you guys count as high complexity? It's made me wonder how bad mine are!

What I like to see is between 7.5K and 9K but that's mostly wishful thinking.  Anything over 15K needs to rock my world like a goddess of desire if I'm going to wear it out in the wild.   Over 25K and it's photo shoots only .. so I have to wonder if it is worth the price for a few pictures and then permanent storage..

OH!
I do have another auto-reject trigger.  When LOD plunges like a Blueberry blouse's neckline as soon as I scroll back 3 meters, I pass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I do have another auto-reject trigger.  When LOD plunges like a Blueberry blouse's neckline as soon as I scroll back 3 meters, I pass.

This - Only in the past few months have I started paying attention to LOD when I demo hair and clothing.

-If there's no demo. This isn't just for hair, though. I don't buy anything that doesn't have a demo.

-If it doesn't fit my head. I'm open to doing some resizing, but it's pretty easy to tell whether that will work or not.

-The back doesn't look as good as the front. Gotta be pretty all the way around.

-If it's poofy on the top. I'm just not a fan of that particular style. It also doesn't look good on me.

I usually stick to Truth and Magika for hair. I've never had problems with them, except for the occasional poofy-headed style, which I guess isn't really a quality issue. xP

No-mod, no-copy, because if it's hud-driven or script-resizeable I want to be able to remove scripts.

Style-wise, I don't wear very long styles (though a couple of my alts do). I used to have a preference for slightly scruffy shoulder-length styles but now I've changed to a more mature skin I find that shorter, neat styles look better (as they do on mature men in RL too).

Hair that sticks out like a medieval helmet at the back, which I see most often in unrigged mesh when it's really just slightly too long to be unrigged.

And if it doesn't have a good ginger texture, or have a blond that tints well, it's no deal. I don't wear any colour besides ginger.

Edited by Lewis Luminos

I usually wear long mens hair and my dealbreakers are:

• No demo
  • No-mod
  • Unrigged mesh (rare with long hair but I have seen it once or twice)
  • Looks like it was made for women, ie boob-gap between the hair and the chest - I think Skell mentioned this too. (That said, one of the styles I wear most often was actually made for women, though it's just short enough that there's no boob-gap).
  • Looks like it was made for a bodybuilding gorilla, ie gap between the hair and the back

Edited by Matty Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.