Will The mesh project bodies and heads

ZaneyApples

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What's strange is they recently updated there sales hub. I'm assuming that was to give away free all the clothes. My hope was that they where getting ready for the upgrade. Apparently not. Hoping for the best here. Perhaps someone with the ambition and business savvy will take it over. I like their system even with the flaws. The skin textures are some of the best. Yea the HUD is a pain to use but you get used to it. I would simplify the HUD and make it smaller.  I think there where too many hands in the pot and the originators lost interest and went on to there own.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rikki Sirkelianov said:

My hope was that they where getting ready for the upgrade. Apparently not. Hoping for the best here. Perhaps someone with the ambition and business savvy will take it over. I like their system even with the flaws. The skin textures are some of the best. Yea the HUD is a pain to use but you get used to it. I would simplify the HUD and make it smaller.  I think there where too many hands in the pot and the originators lost interest and went on to there own.

i think your hope is a bit hanging in the old days. The body is hopelesly dated and not up to standards of 2018.

In many posts around you can read the thought they have a body in hands, and after the designer left, they only have it in COPY mode... nobody can handle it, nor change also not them.

badly designed, no support, no bento, later on no bake on mesh, ... it' has passed last station several years ago, and their image of business is so damaged no sane customer ever returns there.

I'm only talking about the male market, and face it... you can pick everybody who wears it even in the dark, with closed eyes and blindfolded... it's except the skins... a horror.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
16 hours ago, Blue Lavarock said:

Reading these comments makes me realize that I wasted a bunch of lindens... Any recommendations on getting a good, short, skinny male mesh avatar? Is Belleza my only option? I also want a good head and the Catwa doesn't work with my TMP body /shape.

If you use the correct TMP neck the size should fit. Wear your TMP stylemode hud, go to modify - retrofit and see if it helps.

This should give you a neck fit, but finding a skin that works with the TMP body and Catwa head is hard. 7 Deadly Skins maybe?

TMP is not wasted as long as it works, but you will soon run into problems when you try to make old tech (TMP) match new tech (Catwa).

Slink male has the most lean body, and Signature Geralt isn't so buff either. Skell Dagger reviews both: http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/category/mesh-body-reviews

The downside: Both these bodies have less support that Belleza Jake. It can change, of course, if people buy more Geralt and demand more clothes for him, there will be more made. Slink was one of the first mesh bodies and some creators stopped to make content for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no mention of it on their FB page, on the website that hasn't updated in years, or the new website that's just about empty...but as of today if you go in-world the TMP Bento body update is finally out. Not sure what took so long, since the only visible change is the Bento hands (nor is there any kind of release notes included). No sign of the "personal applier kit" or updated alpha HUD they were talking about either (though there is mention in one of the included notecards that they're going to be doing the improved alpha HUD thing and we'll get that as a free update). But it's finally out, and a free update/redelivery if you have the Deluxe body already.

Edited by Lucifyra

3 hours ago, Lucifyra said:

Well, no mention of it on their FB page, on the website that hasn't updated in years, or the new website that's just about empty...but as of today if you go in-world the TMP Bento body update is finally out. Not sure what took so long, since the only visible change is the Bento hands (nor is there any kind of release notes included). No sign of the "personal applier kit" or updated alpha HUD they were talking about either (though there is mention in one of the included notecards that they're going to be doing the improved alpha HUD thing and we'll get that as a free update). But it's finally out, and a free update/redelivery if you have the Deluxe body already.

Hmmm. I wonder if the Deluxe body is still sold for 500L. Anyway, it is too late. It is all  Maitreya and Slink for me now. The one male with TMP Deluxe that I have could be interesting to try on again. It is a damned fine body. The problem now would be matching head and body skin. It is so limiting that TMP isn't using Omega.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Hmmm. I wonder if the Deluxe body is still sold for 500L. Anyway, it is too late. It is all  Maitreya and Slink for me now. The one male with TMP Deluxe that I have could be interesting to try on again. It is a damned fine body. The problem now would be matching head and body skin. It is so limiting that TMP isn't using Omega.

The new body is being sold for L$1950 for "a limited time." The non-Bento heads are still selling for L$500, though.

Mm, to be honest, it rather feels as if TMP is largely obsolete, bento hands or not. Either body from Signature, or Jake, are just much better supported bodies. I reckon it would take something pretty spectacular to get into the competition with those, just as any new female mesh body is going to be in a very competitive market. Besides, their somewhat awkward business practices have been a very hot topic. With its price point, it doesn't even feel like it could get away with being a 'budget body' for those less picky. 

I wonder why TMP even bothered. They screwed over all their customer's and no clothing/skin creator bothers to make TMP stuff anymore.

If they think they can make a comeback it won't be a successful one unless people are gullible enough to get burned twice.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

... unless people are gullible enough to get burned twice.

Aaand this is already happening, it appears.

• Sad 1

You mean people still like and actually use the TMP; like who knew? :) Wow, amazing and guess some folks have lindens to burn but each to their own.

Edited by MrsSeren

The bento update feels like too little too late TMP is more or less dead i don't see anything new created for TMP at events and about the only place i've seen TMP skin installers was Redgrave within the last few months they still still sell/sold system layer clothes at pre-mesh prices.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.