Clothes Still Not Rezzing In

Carri1488303549

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

When that happens, it is usually a sign that the Internet connection between your computer and SL's servers is weak or intermittent.  When you change your appearance, the changes always take place on your own computer and are then uploaded to SL, where the servers make them available to everyone else's viewer.  That process takes a very large amount of bandwidth and can fail if it is interrupted. 

I'd suggest first being sure that you are on a direct cable connection, not wireless.  Many people have no trouble with wireless, but it can be problematic for some. Wireless connections can compete for bandwidth with other computers and even with cell phones, garage door openers, and other things.  Next, check your router and modem.  Reboot both of them by unplugging them for a few minutes and replugging them.   If you still have trouble, you can adjust the maximum bandwidth setting in your client or make other changes that may help.  For a comprehensive list of other troubleshooting tips, see THIS WEB SITE.

I remember Carri that you posted again yesterday the same problem. Just now i peeked there to see what solutions we suggested and they didint work for you. I am honestly sorry about it. The last thing i can think is to test your Avatar.

Give the command: Ctrl+Atl+Q to show the Develop Menu --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male/Female

Keep in touch here and inform us if your problem fixed.

Don't panic prematurely. Did you work through the full list of suggestions on the Bake-Fail web site that I gave you a link for? Have you checked your statistics bar to see whether you are experiencing any packet loss, for example? There are quite a few possibilities. Most are things that you can do something about, and only a few are beyond your control (like your ISP's service).

Hi Carri, I got your PM and have sent you a folder.  Replace everything you are wearing with the contents of this folder (click the folder and REPLACE).  Once you have rezzed, you can rebuild your avie.  I do not think this is your issue, though, as you appear fine to yourself.  This works when you appear as a cloud or not fully rezzed to yourself.

As you wished to try it anyway, I have done as you requested.  Good luck.

@ Aya, TP to Smith, logout and clear your cache manuallly

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife

(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife

(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, login back to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

I  am having the same problem with clothes not rezzing and it has been days now. There are long stretches where all is fine and now it is happening too often. I have read and tried all of the suggestions but none of them work. To me my clothes look fine but to others I am either nude or half dressed. It is obvious to me that it is not a connection or browser problem since it happens to too many of us at the same time.  It happens to PC as well as Mac users. It would be really nice if SL addressed this issue instead of palming it off on the residents. I have a job in-world and it depends on me being properly dressed. It is really spoiling my SL experience and making life in-world an anxiety filled headache instead of an enjoyable experience. It is obviously not a new problem. Not only that but as a long time premium member I feel we deserve better than this from SL. You created this world and made it possible but now it seems the innovations have outstripped your capacity. It's time to catch up. Could you please concentrate on the basics first and foremost? Just FIX IT, PLEASE!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.