KatiaLovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone,

I would like some help with my character's physics. I have the Maitreya body, and I've got a physics layer thing for it. Only my breasts seem to be moving though. I've been reading some old forums saying that this is the case for the Maitreya, and as well the case for many other mesh bodies. These were old forums, however. Has there been any new developments? Is there a new kind of physics I could get that would allow me to adjust for my belly and butt as well?

If not, are there any mesh bodies bodies that allow for butt and stomach physics that anyone could recommend me? I've heard that Belleza and Tonic used to offer physics for more than the breasts. Is this still the case? Are there any other mesh bodies that offer this?

I'm fairly new to this game, and I'd just like someone to help me understand these mesh bodies and their physics, as well as the many different kinds of physics (layers?) you can get for them.

Thanks, and have a great day :)

Hi! You can definitely get Physics for the butt with Belleza, no idea about the stomach, I know it used to be possible but have never seen moving stomachs in sl so don't know how common it is!

I think you can edit some physics, if mod, to set how much movement you want but if not, then there are some physics sold that are for Belleza and move breasts and butt (Not sure if physics work with any body or just the ones designed for?)

Try a search for Maitreya physics and the same for Belleza, if not I can let you know where I got mine (not sure if I can link here)

• Thanks 1

I don't own all mesh bodies, though from what I've asked about and other 'research' on it all: Only Belleza and Tonic will do the butt physics. Tonic also does the belly (and as far as I know: is the *only* mesh avie that does the belly)

And I have to say when set right on Belleza and Tonic: that butt-swing rawks and even gets noticed sometimes "Hey, HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?) hahaha Though I've experimented with the belly physics it's barely noticeable unless you have a larger belly, but it *does* work.

OH and you can easily create a new physics. In inventory just choose NEW then choose Physics.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I know its been a while since this post, but I thought I'd reply nevertheless.

Maitreya doesn't support any other physics so far, only breasts.

Belleza does butt, too.

Tonic is something I have info about, if they support all physics, should be worth to look at :)

The new BBL (YENTEMENTS BBL) has butt physics, too.

I am working on physics for sale and wanted to update the breast physics I have with butt physics, but they seem to be very stiff, like your whole butt moves in one piece, which looks weird, imho :(

Experimenting with it.. we'll see how it will work out.

4 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I'm curious, and have been ever since we got physics. Why would anyone want their butt and belly to bounce?

the idea is to have the whole body move subtly when the avatar moves/animates. Done right then the movement is hardly noticeable (like its set to not boing boing), when so and do see two same avatars, one with whole body physics and one without, then the physics can make the enabled avatar appear to be more naturally alive and less wooden than the other

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mollymews said:

the idea is to have the whole body move subtly when the avatar moves/animates. Done right then the movement is hardly noticeable (like its set to not boing boing), when so and do see two same avatars, one with whole body physics and one without, then the physics can make the enabled avatar appear to be more naturally alive and less wooden than the other

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, Daemon11cz2 said:

Hi,

from what i know Belleza , Tonic and Alice bodies can do more than just boob physics...

7 hours ago, DilliDallagio said:

Altamura female Bento bodies have physics in breasts, belly, and butt. That includes their gift limited-version Bento female bodies.

So that is all three Belleza, Altamura, Alice, and Tonic that do all three B's. :) There is rumor (only a rumor) that Maitreya will add butt, though I wouldn't hold my breath. Even though this is a necro'd thread, I'll reply to the old comment above about belly: Yes, I use all three physics on my Belleza, including belly.

A *good* physics set-up is subtlety; less is more. One can only see my belly moving if they look at it closely while I am moving. The same with the butt, though it moves a little more, though, again, once has to be paying attention. But that's the best way, their brain will see it, but they eyes will not. Then they wonder why you are so "realistic-looking".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Having spent a good deal of time today playing with physics, I have learned that Altamura's butt physics are not very flexible. One has to almost max out many of the settings on both the "spring" settings and Advanced. Even then the effect is subtle more than pronounced.

They also do not work in the same way as they do on the classic avatar. Butt sway does not mean the entire buttocks swing side-to-side. Instead, the inner and lower butt cheeks, along with the inner thighs swing. The same goes for butt bounce. So it is more like a subset of the entire buttocks that moves rather than the entire construct.

I guess that is so people can wear Maitreya Lara mesh dresses and skirts that may not have been rigged for butt physics without having their butts clipping through the garment.

(Removing the Altamura body reveals a very gelatinous classic avatar though, for what that is worth.)

13 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

So that is all three Belleza, Altamura, Alice, and Tonic that do all three B's. :) There is rumor (only a rumor) that Maitreya will add butt, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

A *good* physics set-up is subtlety; less is more.

Maitreya is kinda stuck here. If they add it they break all existing content for anyone who uses it.

I go to the other extreme on physics. Then again I am using Belleza Freya with breast and buoyancy at 100 and an 'enhancing deformer' to add about 10% more volume. So I have the movement amount dials nearly maxed out (90+), and the drag dials set up a little high to slow the motion down. A larger chest will 'go all over the place' unless held down - so I have different physics kits for nude as well as both tight and loose clothing.

10 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I am using Belleza Freya with breast and buoyancy at 100 and an 'enhancing deformer' to add about 10% more volume. So I have the movement amount dials nearly maxed out (90+),

And you're doing it right, because gravity and momentum are affected by volume. I salute you for that. I have to admit, I half-roll my eyes and half laugh when I see a C-Cup boinging around like an E-cup. Or better yet: those that are gravity-defiying, torpedos. Hahaha!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

And you're doing it right, because gravity and momentum are affected by volume. I salute you for that. I have to admit, I half-roll my eyes and half laugh when I see a C-Cup boinging around like an E-cup. Or better yet: those that are gravity-defiying, torpedos. Hahaha!

Yeah. The needed physics file is going to be different depending on volume, support, and motion. Too many people grab a premade setup and assume it's ready for them out of the box.

45 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah. The needed physics file is going to be different depending on volume, support, and motion. Too many people grab a premade setup and assume it's ready for them out of the box.

I agree. And those premeds are way over-priced and often no-modify. It cracks me up. Which is why I sell a kit for only 30L, it's modifiable, and includes set-up animations and clear instructions how to adjust it for proper fit (with only one slider in each category). I should add these confirmed bodies to the description list for belly and butt. :)

I have subtle physics, my boobs only bounce if I suddenly stand after sitting and have soft bounce when I walk and dance; much like my boobs in life and I don't think my pixel boobs are huge by any means; LOL! :D 

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, KathyZog Destiny said:

You know how Maitreya BOOTY usually won't wiggle with Physics? Well, I discovered that when I wear certain [hh] Hilly Haalan Fitmesh, the booty does wiggle on my Maitreya Lara 5.3! So, I'm not sure how she got it to do that with clothes on. Wiggle is not visible unclothed.

The clothes can have their own physics, if the body beneath is alpha'd out so that it won't clip there's nothing stopping you from giving the clothes their own wiggle.

Also .. 

e366a98b256eb6408ef176143aa0ae16.png

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.