Maitreya vs Belleza body

Audrey Obelyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:27 AM, Aebleskiver Thibedeau said:

It never fails to astound me how much time and energy we women spend policing other women's bodies and appearance.  Maybe it's past time to change that paradigm?

Most women do that because of insecurities about their own bodies - in RL and SL. Personally, I don't care what some other woman's body looks like, because I'm not the one in it or wearing it in this case. To each their own.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2018 at 12:36 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

@janetosilio, see Alyona’s comment above. Heads not made specific for African looks will end up with Caucasian noses. Heads designed for an African look will often have a flattened, broad nose. I respectfully decline to provide pictures of the looks I prefer (partly because this is someone else’s thread).

Hey Love!

I personally use the Catwa Catya head.

You can use any mesh head if you know how to tweak it just right to get the features you want. Keep in mind,  there is no one size fits all "black" look. Just like with everyone else, our facial structure and features tend to vary from Caucasian looking to what some would consider a typical black African phenotype. Not only that, some of us tend to have characteristics similar to East Asians,  with broad flattened noses and epicanthic folds (like with my aunt and cousins).

So as Jane said earlier, it all depends on what you are going for.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 1

Everyone has probably replied but "best" is really subjective and up to you. I personally like the universality of the Maitreya Body, and I look at a few factors:  I own Maitreya, Tonic, Belleza (all three) and Altamura and Slink hourglass...

1. lovely skins included ( from Glam Affair)

2. includes Bento hands and feet (Slink does not include feet or hands in its bodies as of last I checked, and I own the Slink hourglass) 

3. Maitreya tends to have more availability of clothes made for it, but that has changed and there are many designers making clothes for all the bodies as well

4. more customization ability: that means that I can make it slim, curvy, or somewhere in between and the lines of the body work well with all of those. Belleza, Slink and Altamura have , in my opinion, less universal application for all the different body shapes.  In other words, I can make my Maitreya look like Slink Hourglass as well as what the Freya body looks like.

5. I've used all the bodies, and I tend to always go back to Maitreya because for all the reasons listed above, but also because the HUD is easy to use, and doesn't lag like a mofo! for me, Belleza's HUD is a huge lag monster. Slink is more complex than I need, as well as Altamura. Tonic's is the next easiest one to use. But, Maitreya to me takes the cake on its HUD. 

In the end, however, it all depends on what appeals to you and how you want your shape to look like. I'd always suggest trying out a demo and testing it with as many various shapes and skins as possible to decide. Good luck!

On 3/26/2018 at 3:30 AM, Kristen Beornssen said:

Hey Love!

I personally use the Catwa Catya head.

You can use any mesh head if you know how to tweak it just right to get the features you want. Keep in mind,  there is no one size fits all "black" look. Just like with everyone else, our facial structure and features tend to vary from Caucasian looking to what some would consider a typical black African phenotype. Not only that, some of us tend to have characteristics similar to East Asians,  with broad flattened noses and epicanthic folds (like with my aunt and cousins).

So as Jane said earlier, it all depends on what you are going for.

Thanks, I’ll add it to the list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.