Maitreya vs Belleza body

Audrey Obelyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:34 PM, Syo Emerald said:

Please someone tell me, that this [blesséd] forum got a _useful_ block function. I'm so [adequately] done with this [tomfoolery].

Mostly useful anyway.  Hover over the person's name or profile pic and select 'ignore user'.

However, if someone else quotes that person, you'll still see it.

Edited by Jagix Linden
Profanity

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

You do realize these are "forums", right?

:SwingingFriends:

There’s a saying, “I don’t have to like you, but I do have to love you!”

Also, I’ve learned that if you are disrespectful, someone may AR your post..bye-bye post, bye-bye you for 24 hours! So, I’m learning to tolerate others. 

So I should get a Maitreya body? I like my Belleza body so far!

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't think there is a Maitreya for men.

But also, all of the comments in this thread have been specific to the differences in the female bodies.

Guess I need a female alt, so I can have a reason to participate in the “women only” discussions! Seriously is plan for my alt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They don’t have men’s, or men’s are not as good?

I just tried wearing a male shape under my Maitreya body. I just ended up looking like a female wrestler.

Edited by kershe
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

*sigh*

I haven't even had the slightest thought about race in mind when wording my comment. But I'm not suprised its you again seen racism where there is none. But since you won't believe me (or even question your own view, when you are the only one around thinking you spoted something racist) I'll happily explain to you why I chose the words I chose.

It goes beyond that. This was a pleasant discussion until you stepped in. You are all trying to sidestep by focusing on my race comment, but look to your own initial words that attacked others in the thread - that is where hostility began.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It goes beyond that. This was a pleasant discussion until you stepped in. You are all trying to sidestep by focusing on my race comment, but look to your own initial words that attacked others in the thread - that is where hostility began.

No it wasn't me, who threw the first stone. I reacted to a comments already made. I didn't came into this thread and just randomly wrote about watermelons and Mrs. Ks butt. Maybe I fought fire with fire, but thats how I roll.

And sidesteping? Excuse me, but do you really think that you can throw around heavily accusations of racism and then be suprised, when people react to that? Because if thats not hostile, I don't know what is. Because that definitily is the Nr. 1 tool to derail a thread in lightning speed.

25 minutes ago, LoveXiaoying said:

Since race came up - I’m looking for a black female body/Head/skin/shape.  Belleza/Catwa, please. Any recommendations are appreciated!

An awesome segue from what was turning negative back to on-topic, you deserve bonus stars!

As for body and head - grab demos of all of them and don't limit yourself to only Belleza, Maitreya - grab as many as you can find. The same with heads. Most, if not all the demos come with sample skins, including many ethnic shades. The point is this: First work on your look by shapes. Get the body looking the way you want. Then go for the face. By the way Tuty's has some *very* "efr0-ethnic-looking" heads and you may want to look at those. Most other heads, including Catwa can do those faces, but usually end-up looking more like mixed race (and nothing wrong with that!).

Once you have decided on your body and head, then go skin-shopping. And you never know: the skin included with the body may be just what you're looking for. There are a bazillion Skin creators in SL, many are really good and others not so much. I like Pink Fuel skins myself and DeeTalez is also very good - just to throw a couple skin store names out as a starting point.

I have seen some utter beautiful ethnic looks in SL. Though to get it right start with the basics first: shape and look, then color it in with skin. Then add the rest to top it off with accessories, hair, clothing style and the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Most, if not all the demos come with sample skins, including many ethnic shades. The point is this: First work on your look by shapes. Get the body looking the way you want. Then go for the face. By the way Tuty's has some *very* "efr0-ethnic-looking" heads and you may want to look at those. Most other heads, including Catwa can do those faces, but usually end-up looking more like mixed race (and nothing wrong with that!).

This is very helpful, thank you! (I posted the question as LoveX by mistake, but it was not inappropriate for “her” to ask!)

On 3/18/2018 at 2:24 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Belleza does have more option with s3 bodies and each body having 3 breast positions.  That's a big selling point to many.

It is also commonly mentioned that the Maitreya breasts will start to deform at a slider positions less than 35 while Belleza will remain well shaped all the way to zero.  This is true, but Belleza breasts at 0 are still bigger than Maitreya at 35.

I wear Maitreya.  It is best for me.  For the vast majority of residents, they won't know who is wearing Lara, Venus, Hourglass Curvey or any other well made mesh body without doing some serious perving and comparing.  Anyone will make a fine looking avatar.  Pick the one that has the features YOU want.

Yeah having a different breast option-position is nice :) oh thats a good info to know (the Maitreya breasts will start to deform ...), but the thing that Belleza breasts are still bigger the Maitreya at 35 its a thing to thing about, i dont really need big boobies xD
" Pick the one that has the features YOU want. "  i like that. Thank you for your answer.

3 hours ago, LoveXiaoying said:

Since race came up - I’m looking for a black female body/Head/skin/shape.  Belleza/Catwa, please. Any recommendations are appreciated!

You can look like a black woman with any head or body. Do you have something particular in mind where you can post a pic?

22 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I can only hope you're not American.

Watermelons and Kim Kardashian body shaming comments... you're basically looking at a proxy attack using 'memes' that are brought up in 'black body type shaming'.

Especially given it's the same person making all these comments attacking larger bodies by using extremes that are taken from 'race baiting' themes.

You are reading far too much into this honestly.

Syo is german and as a fellow german I can't help but post and say a) we use watermelons to define size a lot, especially breast size. It is meant as a literal comparison to watermelons and has zero to do with people of color. It's the same as the sayings 'pea sized brain', 'eyes wide as saucers' etc. We use these comparisons in every day life and believe me, us germans have other 'race baiting themes' than you do. Watermelons are not at all linked to people of color for us.

Secondly, we do not sugarcoat, we're very direct folks and we love using extremes. Again, this has nothing at all to do with racism but is simply a part of our culture.

I try my best to tone down my directness but I honestly lost count of the times people missunderstood something I said and thought I was being rude. It is kind of a language barrier, no matter how good our spelling and grammar might be, we simply can't imitate that political correctness because we don't live it every day.

To me it seems you are going out of your way to see something that simply isn't there.

Edited by Syn Anatine
Elaborated a little further :)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Most other heads, including Catwa can do those faces, but usually end-up looking more like mixed race (and nothing wrong with that!).

44 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You can look like a black woman with any head or body. Do you have something particular in mind where you can post a pic?

@janetosilio, see Alyona’s comment above. Heads not made specific for African looks will end up with Caucasian noses. Heads designed for an African look will often have a flattened, broad nose. I respectfully decline to provide pictures of the looks I prefer (partly because this is someone else’s thread).

50 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

To me it seems you are going out of your way to see something that simply isn't there.

I would flip that around,

Mos of my comment was about someone bringing hostility to the thread. Race was only a side mention as a "possible" motive. So why have all of you hyper-focused on that, rather than the main thrust of my point and my note that everything was friendly until the rather hostile take-down posted about people who don't use Maitreya?

This:

On 3/21/2018 at 6:16 AM, Syo Emerald said:

You say that, as if its something bad (or as if skinny is every shape thats not looking like its owner is in direct competition with Kim Kadashian).

On 3/22/2018 at 6:51 AM, Syo Emerald said:

Oh, so all women who don't carry around two watermelons on their chest and hips so wide, that you start to wonder how they even got trough the door are anorexic. Which means most women in real life must be anorexic then. Fine, then I prefer being anorexic.

To someone else complaining about that, I said:

23 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I won't say you are... but that comment came about in DIRECT RESPONSE to the 'Kardadshian' and 'watermelon' (a bit of racism thrown into here just for good measure eh?) comment.

Let's be clear on where this thread went from civil opinions to nasty... it wasn't you, it ALSO wasn't anyone on the Belleza side... It was a specific person above you that mentioned Kim Kardashian.

Let's just get back to civilly promoting our favorites, sometimes a little strongly, but without being mean - even if we do say rather extreme comments about some of the body's design choices, keep it away from the hostile at people and their choices.

So why are you focusing on a side parenthetical of my reply, rather than the initial instigator, or even my actual point?

I always wonder when people get hyper-sensitive to comments about racism. What are they afraid of in their own motives? As a parenthetical note, a logical response from anyone it did not apply to, or if it was wrong, would have been to just ignore it. Focusing on it starts to validate it.

And frankly, if it is wrong... then logically this post would also just 'fade into the wind' without further comment.

4 hours ago, LoveXiaoying said:

Try Angel Rock. They make skins for African tones, and they have shapes you can start with, they make specific shapes for a few Catwa heads, and maybe Letuka also. I personally am partial to Mayreal Janet for a mesh head, and Angel Rock now has one Omega head applier that can be used with it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Try Angel Rock. They make skins for African tones, and they have shapes you can start with, they make specific shapes for a few Catwa heads, and maybe Letuka also. I personally am partial to Mayreal Janet for a mesh head, and Angel Rock now has one Omega head applier that can be used with it.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank you!

Somebody please help me pressure them to add more of their skins to the omega list too... :P

I slammed myself up against a brick wall 3 or 4 years ago trying to get them to support Omega... now I guess enough other customers yelled at them as well, so they support it for bodies pretty fully, but only one skin in only one tone so far for heads...

(for about 2 years they had their own mesh head so they ONLY supported that, but it seems to have been pushed aside now, they largely support Catwa, and I think Letuka... and now they're just starting to give in on Omega).

Angel Rock is the best African skin tone maker.

THAT SAID...

The skin fair this year had at least 4 to 8 African skins that were being sold ONLY for Catwa or Letuka... and exactly 1 for Omega, which I bought...

Saniyah Cocoa.

Maybe I need to tweak my windlight...

If the skin fair is still on... the person who was asking was asking for Catwa right? Go there, and you should find plenty of choices. I think most were fair exclusive, and listed at lower prices...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.