Linden Realms ... RUINED!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/16/2018 at 7:19 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

Re: "We are housewives, business people and various other completely normal people spending a bit of our time in Second Life playing a simple, yet consuming game. "

I never feel as if Linden Lab really understands their demographics. But it's a Lab, not a service.

to their defense one must say: They are a Lab so could hire a social scientist - but when was the last time a social scientist gave you any answer that was acceptable to down to the ground humans? Don't get me wrong, there are some really good social scientists out there - but most of the times it is better listeneing to your guts than asking their lot :(

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Time(7 days) won't start ticking if you don't finish the amulet ;) wait until you have enough you actually want to cash out

That's not quite true.  The amulet frame in the workshop doesn't start anything.  It's just a nice visual that confirms you have completed the quests.  The 7 day clock starts when you use a weekly payout pad.  It is smart to wait until just after you use the weekly pad to cash in crystals, though.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, Berzerko said:

the game keeps getting worse. now you must pay real money to get L$ from crystals. if you pay real money then why are you playing this garbage in the first place? that is just pure evil

?
perhaps give a little tiny bit more of info... or do you expect us to go check whats going on ?

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Berzerko said:

the game keeps getting worse. now you must pay real money to get L$ from crystals.

???  You don't have to pay anything.  Where did you get that idea?  All you have to do is have a payment method on file, and you have to have used it at least once, to verify that it works. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Berzerko said:

the game keeps getting worse. now you must pay real money to get L$ from crystals. if you pay real money then why are you playing this garbage in the first place? that is just pure evil

Sounds like someone is scamming you. Are you paying a mob boss or something?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

???  You don't have to pay anything.  All you have to do is have a payment method on file, and you have to have used it at least once

Is that a joke post? Because there is a difference between paying once and not paying anything.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:
16 minutes ago, Berzerko said:

Is that a joke post? Because there is a difference between paying once and not paying anything.

getting payment info on file costs nothing

And using it one time (which virtually any SL resident is going to do anyway) is not "paying to play Linden Realms."  It's a way for Linden Lab to prevent a lot of the anonymous griefers on throwaway accounts from ruining Linden Realms for everyone else.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Berzerko said:

You only need to make one L$ or premium purchase. From what i've been able to glean from the inworld group the reason for making the Realms require payment info used is to try and weed out/prevent the scammers and griefers 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You only need to make one L$ or premium purchase. From what i've been able to glean from the inworld group the reason for making the Realms require payment info used is to try and weed out/prevent the scammers and griefers 

So when I collect crystals and get L$ for it I am actually scamming people?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Berzerko said:
18 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You forgot to demand if you were a griefer, too. 9_9

That's not what she meant at all, and you know perfectly well it isn't.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Berzerko said:

I don't know what the scamming entails, If you are going around completing the quests collecting crystals as you go and using the cash out you aren't scamming anyone  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

And using it one time (which virtually any SL resident is going to do anyway) is not "paying to play Linden Realms."  It's a way for Linden Lab to prevent a lot of the anonymous griefers on throwaway accounts from ruining Linden Realms for everyone else.

It is a legitimate problem though. There are plenty of people in SL who are unwilling or unable to provide verified payment info for various reasons.

26 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's a way for Linden Lab to prevent a lot of the anonymous griefers on throwaway accounts from ruining Linden Realms for everyone else.

The question is who else?

I know there are people who play it just for fun, I've even done that myself. But although it's a nice little game, its attraction doesn't last and without the prospect of a more-than-symbolic reward it doesn't take long before it descends into dull grinding.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.