Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

I have literally only ran into one single person who actually even read the backstory or is playing Linden Realms "for the adventure."

ChinRey takes a step to the side, right in front of the running Sylvia.

Woops! Sorry! Now you've run into two. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whut I miss? Do I have to read the book, or is this season of “Linden Realm is Borked, WAHHHHHH!!!1!!” available as a streaming dramatic performance?

AF9F009C-C47B-42EE-9514-4FC831BBEA2E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

This is mostly the SAME cheaters, operating since the beginning of the game, who have been reported for cheating MANY MANY times, but still NOTHING happens.  

I do think there is a problem with the policing of the realms in my time there were some griefers, cheaters and campers that did get banned but far too many did and as far as I'm aware still do get away with it it's like you can grief and cheat all you want and you're unlikely to get punished. meanwhile there was a time when I couldn't get in to an event I decided to scroll through the map and see just how far the SIM was from my home. whilst scrolling I came across a "secret" realm that has since been either moved on the map or no longer exists and against my better judgement curiosity got the better of me and I thought it would be a good idea to see if I could get in, so I must have tried every sim of this realm only to later find myself portal park and realm banned, if I could go back in time I wouldn't make the same mistake again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I do think there is a problem with the policing of the realms in my time there were some griefers, cheaters and campers that did get banned but far too many did and as far as I'm aware still do get away with it it's like you can grief and cheat all you want and you're unlikely to get punished. meanwhile there was a time when I couldn't get in to an event I decided to scroll through the map and see just how far the SIM was from my home. whilst scrolling I came across a "secret" realm that has since been either moved on the map or no longer exists and against my better judgement curiosity got the better of me and I thought it would be a good idea to see if I could get in, so I must have tried every sim of this realm only to later find myself portal park and realm banned, if I could go back in time I wouldn't make the same mistake again 

Perhaps the new-theme is an attempt to “one-up” the Griefers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same guy doing it for the last year is in there now, crashing people, was in there as soon as it changed.

 

Will be in there tomorrow, and the day after, and this time next year.

 

The only way I can see to one up them, is to scrub the bad UUID's crashing us from the asset servers, and remove the instigators.

 

But that hasn't happened and should we hold our breath?

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From dictionary.com for “ruined”:

(As Verb, used with an Object) 

- to induce (a woman) to surrender her virginity; deflower.

You naughty Lindens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

As someone who plays Linden Realms every single day for hours a day and has since almost it's inception, I can say fairly categorically that no one actually cares about Lindens "creating content." 

But..but..the Linden Realms game itself is a form of content. I dun getchyew!

9619D226-7B3A-41FE-ACD2-12C8475021C0.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

getchyew!

Bless you!

*hands tissue..*

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

So now wouldn't be a good time to have a go at this Linden Realms I've been hearing about..?

I had a go this afternoon!

Most exercise my avatar's had in months.. :SwingingFriends:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

I had a go this afternoon!

Most exercise my avatar's had in months.. :SwingingFriends:

If you ever need to go, my Linden home has public bathrooms on the first floor. And a sign outside. I should post pics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

If you ever need to go, my Linden home has public bathrooms on the first floor. And a sign outside. I should post pics.

Yeah but..

spork.jpg.076fbc800a15b3fe3c9b8dfe06e81cc5.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you ever need to go, my Linden home has public bathrooms on the first floor. And a sign outside. I should post pics.

Map please.  Asking for a friend.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Map please.  Asking for a friend.

Hope I’m not found in Code violation lol. Will provide within next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to check it of course, so I sent my poor abused tester alt into the flaming inferno of Linden Realms.

I managed to earn 31 Lindens in less than 40 minutes and that was in a rather crowded realm, crowded enough I gave up on doing the full hour I was planning to do. That doesn't seem too bad to me. I'd say the new decor is only a problem for those who are only in it for the money and easily distracted.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I had to check it of course, so I sent my poor abused tester alt into the flaming inferno of Linden Realms.

I managed to earn 31 Lindens in less than 40 minutes and that was in a rather crowded realm, crowded enough I gave up on doing the full hour I was planning to do. That doesn't seem too bad to me. I'd say the new decor is only a problem for those who are only in it for the money and easily distracted.

Your sacrifice will be recorded in the Halls of Doomed Testers!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I suspect you will either need to be patient to see where this leads or find another source of income.  Good luck on that.  

I actually don't play because I need the money.  Part of the reason I'm so mad about it is that I actually liked playing LR a lot.  In fact in recent months it's  basically become my entire SL. All I do is log on to SL and then play Linden Realms.  

So it's like some twelve year old boy screwed up my entire SL with a lot of gharish, poorly done textures everywhere.  

To me this is really the point of what's happened too.  

The textures have been replaced for apparently no reason other than someone wanted to "refresh the look," so it's basically an act without any real reason at all.  It doesn't change anything about the game, it just makes it look ugly while operating in exactly the same way.  

The textures themselves are OBJECTIVELY *awful* as well.  They are  full of so much noise it looks like someone just took the originals and ran them through Photoshop, meanwhile destroying half the information the texture files originally contained.  They have an amateurish "overworked" look.  

I'm a creator and builder from way back and while I don't claim to be a texture expert, anyone can see that these are AWFUL textures that have been poorly done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps the new-theme is an attempt to “one-up” the Griefers.

More like, "let's re-do the textures so the griefers will be more comfortable" in Linden Realms. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But..but..the Linden Realms game itself is a form of content. I dun getchyew!

9619D226-7B3A-41FE-ACD2-12C8475021C0.jpeg

You're being purposely obtuse and (aside from Patch Linden) are the only person on the thread spending time being MEAN just for the sake of it, so I won't talk to you after this.  

You obviously knew what I meant though.  there is a difference between the mechanics of the game and the "story" and the "quests" associated with it.  As I said, I once ran into a person who asked me about where they could go to find some silly thing which was "part of the quest."  I had no idea up until that point that there WAS a "backstory" or whatever to the game and I have never before or since ran into anyone in Linden Realms who was actually playing for that aspect of the game.  

That's what I meant, and you knew it too.  

You're just focussed on how many silly Lion cartoons you can post.  

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

You're being purposely obtuse and (aside from Patch Linden) are the only person on the thread spending time being MEAN just for the sake of it, so I won't talk to you after this.  

You obviously knew what I meant though.  there is a difference between the mechanics of the game and the "story" and the "quests" associated with it.  As I said, I once ran into a person who asked me about where they could go to find some silly thing which was "part of the quest."  I had no idea up until that point that there WAS a "backstory" or whatever to the game and I have never before or since ran into anyone in Linden Realms who was actually playing for that aspect of the game.  

That's what I meant, and you knew it too.  

You're just focussed on how many silly Lion cartoons you can post.  

So perhaps you're the one that's been playing it wrong this whole time since you missed it's entire inception, creation, purpose, backstory....etc.. 

No, really, you're not playing it wrong (imo), but you seem to believe those that enjoy it as is, enjoy the backstory, even the *objectionably awful* textures , are somehow doing it wrong. It should be how YOU want it, and only how you want it...regardless of what anyone, including the Linden actually working on the project, thinks about it. At least that's exactly how you come across. I'd like to believe that's not the intent, but, well, subsequent posts suggest it is. You don't even seem to know how old LR actually is, or how old the original assets are, lol.

You're getting on people for being mean but read your entire posts from the point of view of someone that isn't you, you are absolutely nothing BUT mean, lol.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

You're being purposely obtuse...

You're just focussed on how many silly Lion cartoons you can post.  

D9OV.gif

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...