how do i create SL clothing?

kylievsu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

There are many ways to start.  I think you'll really enjoy working through the tutorials on Natalia Zelmanov's blog, for example.  She has a nice, easy-to-follow style and her tutorials are well-illustrated.  You should also spend time with Robin Wood's tutorials.  The most imporant skills in creating clothing are the artistic skills you apply to creating textures, and Robin is one of the very best in SL to learn from.  I'd also suggest taking at least one class in world.  NCI is a good place to look, but there are others as well.  Look in your Search tool under Events >> Educational to see what being given this week.

Tools?  You need a good graphics program that is capable of handling layers.  There are three. Photoshop is the most powerful and versatile, and probably most commonly-used one.  Paint Shop Pro also works well.  Both of those are expensive, however, so you may at least want to take a look at the third alternative, GIMP.  You'll find partisans who favor each of the three.  Listen to what they have to say and make up your own mind.

Finally, start reading and asking questions in the Texturing Forum.  That's where many of us who do a lot of clothing design in SL learned, and it's where we keep coming back to as we have questions or exciting things to share. 

That's enough for a start.  Have fun.  I'd suggest starting slowly.  Make a few T-shirts to get a feel for it, spend lots of time learning how your graphics program works, and experiment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.