premium members get double land allotment, tier prices sliced

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Have you thought to look for him in the forums, Love? Rumour is he's pretty busy here.

Too funny! This kills me

Indeed whenever I posted about the problems I had with the thieving abuser landlords, my post either got deleted or they posted in their defense.

Mind those furnished places. Those plot only areas that allow you more restrictions are best, and the landlords never messed with me or stole my money. A grouch once even kicked me out ahead of time because I was not visiting the place. I said, I will move at the end of my term and she kicked me out immediately without refunding my money. I submitted a claim to LL which she already knew would fall on deaf ears.

I like the privacy controls in a Linden home, while being part of a community does not put me in utter isolation. Another perk!

• Like 1

I've been wavering on whether to upgrade to premium or not and this land bonanza has made me become premium this morning. I found a nice piece of abandoned land and hopefully the Lindens will partition it for me soon!

Edited by GoSpeed Racer
fix a typo!
  • Like 5

I put this in the wrong thread so I moved it myself LOL.  

One more try.

OK. I have a couple of group land questions.

The "Buy for group" option seems to have totally disappeared.  SO if you (as a owner of the group say) buy land and have already donated your tier to the group, then you end up paying a month tier for the first month (before donating to the group)?  

When all the land changes were going on, the owner of the land group I still belong to but never use now  saw a very cool thing in the Firestorm viewer in VERY TINY text that told them just how much land the group could buy. It was in a pane that must have had something to do with buying or groups as that was what they were trying to get straight.  Now they can't find it. Was that just a fleeting bit of info? Seem awfully handy as it told you just what your group could own.

I guess I am trying to figure out in my head how folks are getting this to work (or maybe they will get a bill next month and it didn't work at all? Not sure.)

So for example say two avatars used their 512s donated to a group and formed a 1024 plot by joining the two 512s. Let's say that they donated their NEW free tier to the group giving the group the ability to buy another 1024 plus lot.  They really need to have that tier donation BACK it seems in order to buy the land and then donate the land to the group AFTER they have purchased the land.  

Even if they sold their 1024 and the GROUP had the ability to buy a 2048ish size lot using the free tier, it looks to me like they are still having to pay $7 for that first month AS INDIVIDUALS --  IF they leave the tier as a donation to the group.  The last time someone left the group and took the tier donation back it took them a whole month before they were able to buy land for themselves. This MAY have been a snafu -- I know not. 

It sounds to me like some folks on this thread worked it out (or thinks they did - LOL) and I am wondering how as I am not seeing a way.

Edit: Actually they just reported that if they try and buy land it DOES say that it will cost them $4 or $7 depending on what size they purchase. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Unless we count the Horizons parcels, which are already 1024s. When they were introduced, it seemed LL was surely trying to tempt folks to tier-up that first step above the "bonus" 512. Now, in retrospect, maybe we should have seen it as a hint that 1024 would become the new 512.

Horizons feels like an attempt to recreate Bay City. But the success of Bay City is largely due to a few key residents that decided to make a community out of it and who also work cooperatively (rather than argumentatively) with the lindens.

Horizons just... doesn't even have residents.

It has land sellers. And me. I'm there. All alone... surrounded by land sellers. And this one guy on the other end of the same sim who stands on his roof AFK. He doesn't even have the decency to perv me... :ph34r:

It also has some 5 info hubs... because reasons... and in the middle the 'new version of Linden Realms' that some people AFK at the entrance to.

I can't see a community ever coming to an 'A' rated region though... you're all happily building one and somebody come along with an extremely different theme and there goes the friendly vibes.

But the plots and layout are nice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AlexandriteGem said:

I like the privacy controls in a Linden home, while being part of a community does not put me in utter isolation. Another perk!

You've actually got even more control on a mainland plot. You can even be like my annoying neighbor on my A-land water plot that put up banlines and built a 'sewage build' on the water...

- Now she gets to live with my 30m tall brick wall between us.

Or you can put your home up above 4000m in the sky, and put a security orb in it, and never be bothered by anyone ever again - what I do on my home plot.

Or well... anything else you desire.

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

You've actually got even more control on a mainland plot. You can even be like my annoying neighbor on my A-land water plot that put up banlines and built a 'sewage build' on the water...

- Now she gets to live with my 30m tall brick wall between us.

Or you can put your home up above 4000m in the sky, and put a security orb in it, and never be bothered by anyone ever again - what I do on my home plot.

Or well... anything else you desire.

There's the option to have ban lines in Linden homes now. And make whatever happens in your house inviSible and inaudible to your neighbors. And, you can lock the door as make access available only to a group.

15 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

There's the option to have ban lines in Linden homes now. And make whatever happens in your house inviSible and inaudible to your neighbors. And, you can lock the door as make access available only to a group.

All of which is standard on any land parcel.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The "Buy for group" option seems to have totally disappeared.  SO if you (as a owner of the group say) buy land and have already donated your tier to the group, then you end up paying a month tier for the first month (before donating to the group)?   

Hmm - It worked for me day before yesterday (after the various changes & fixes were rolled out).  I did a normal 'buy for group'.

• Like 2

at this rate I am going to have to close my private sims, it used to be cheaper to rent a 1024 or 2048 sqm plot on a private island but now a private sim costs almost twice as much plus 600 usd to set up, there is no way to compete, especially if you theme your sim because the LI used to make a sim pretty can't be rented out anymore.

Why is LL making private sims unattractive?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Abigail Merlin said:

i don't think they do, it's just that a privat sim, flat green boring pancakes will get hard times.

Owners who pay lot of attention to design, landscaping, community, and excellent service, for sure have a good future on private estates

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm - It worked for me day before yesterday (after the various changes & fixes were rolled out).  I did a normal 'buy for group'.

Well several folks in the group tried and that USED to be an option. The owners were not able to buy for the group. Will have them check on the Linden viewer. This was TODAY people tired, so not during the messiness which was understandable. 

WELL I was smarter then they were LOL.   You have to have the group tag ACTIVE in order to see the "buy for group" as viable. Well that solves it for them (and my curiosity). Thanks.

Obviously not land barons here. The current group land was purchased in 2009  (head shaking). 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well several folks in the group tried and that USED to be an option. The owners were not able to buy for the group. Will have them check on the Linden viewer. This was TODAY people tired, so not during the messiness which was understandable. 

i had a little trouble with changing the ownership to my group too, but after a relog it worked this afternoon. ( firestorm user)

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

SO if you (as a owner of the group say) buy land and have already donated your tier to the group, then you end up paying a month tier for the first month (before donating to the group)?

You can always withdraw the tier you need from the group, purchase the land and then donate the tier back to the group. If a group has too little tier donated, the owners have 72 hours to correct it before there are any reactions from LL.

4 hours ago, Abigail Merlin said:

at this rate I am going to have to close my private sims, it used to be cheaper to rent a 1024 or 2048 sqm plot on a private island but now a private sim costs almost twice as much plus 600 usd to set up, there is no way to compete, especially if you theme your sim because the LI used to make a sim pretty can't be rented out anymore.

The lab is trying to make NEW private regions unattractive and have been for years. They'd rather have someone who wants a private region buy an existing one so there will be less setup and churn on their end. Meanwhile, private regions can be tuned to hold more objects and people and there was ample opportunity for a private region owner to cut their recurring expenses by 33% during the buy-down period a couple of years ago.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

You can always withdraw the tier you need from the group, purchase the land and then donate the tier back to the group. If a group has too little tier donated, the owners have 72 hours to correct it before there are any reactions from LL.

Got it worked out finally. Thanks. None of us are good with this group land thing LOL. But smarter now.  Just put old 1024 up for sale on a gamble. If it doesn't sell (nice lot) then someone will have to do the premium thing ^^. If it sells then there is enough for a 512 plus some LOL.  There isn't much in the way of 1024s out there now (not counting the 89per square meter types LOL -- so suspect it will sell). 

REALLY ready to work on something else. We can all have a drink soon. We worked hard!  

Oh and I found the mysterious how much land is available. It is in the LAND tab of the GROUP. I never knew that was there.  

Edited by Chic Aeon

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I put this in the wrong thread so I moved it myself LOL.  

One more try.

OK. I have a couple of group land questions.

When all the land changes were going on, the owner of the land group I still belong to but never use now  saw a very cool thing in the Firestorm viewer in VERY TINY text that told them just how much land the group could buy. It was in a pane that must have had something to do with buying or groups as that was what they were trying to get straight.  Now they can't find it. Was that just a fleeting bit of info? Seem awfully handy as it told you just what your group could own.

I guess I am trying to figure out in my head how folks are getting this to work (or maybe they will get a bill next month and it didn't work at all? Not sure.)

So for example say two avatars used their 512s donated to a group and formed a 1024 plot by joining the two 512s. Let's say that they donated their NEW free tier to the group giving the group the ability to buy another 1024 plus lot.  They really need to have that tier donation BACK it seems in order to buy the land and then donate the land to the group AFTER they have purchased the land.  

Even if they sold their 1024 and the GROUP had the ability to buy a 2048ish size lot using the free tier, it looks to me like they are still having to pay $7 for that first month AS INDIVIDUALS --  IF they leave the tier as a donation to the group.  The last time someone left the group and took the tier donation back it took them a whole month before they were able to buy land for themselves. This MAY have been a snafu -- I know not. 

It sounds to me like some folks on this thread worked it out (or thinks they did - LOL) and I am wondering how as I am not seeing a way.

Edit: Actually they just reported that if they try and buy land it DOES say that it will cost them $4 or $7 depending on what size they purchase. 

I made a tutorial about grouping land and its pitfalls using this game table and these Vikings figures. See if you can understand it. I have to update it with the latest info. 

It's here in the post office in Ross.

It's true that you always have to pay for the highest level of tier you've had that month, it only becomes lower the next month if you set it down again.

You can also look at the land manager page on your account on secondlife.com to see where your tier is, which groups, and how much you have left.

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I made a tutorial about grouping land and its pitfalls using this game table and these Vikings figures. See if you can understand it. I have to update it with the latest info. 

It's here in the post office in Ross.

It's true that you always have to pay for the highest level of tier you've had that month, it only becomes lower the next month if you set it down again.

You can also look at the land manager page on your account on secondlife.com to see where your tier is, which groups, and how much you have left.

Thanks. I actually found what I needed via Google and we got it all worked out. And I think they "fixed" that having to lower your tier in the dashboard awhile ago, at least someone reported that it was no longer necessary. A friend got stuck with that once so I also warn folks just in case. 

My problem is that I have always purchased land (albeit private) from right clicking the land. I wasn't buying for a group of course but I had remembered the "buy for group" option. You can ONLY get there though through the about land tab, not right clicking and choosing "buy". It actually seems like the two methods SHOULD be the same, but they are not and maybe there is a reason.

Since I had never bought land for a group and the others hadn't done it in nine years (OMG) we were all pretty newbie on the subject. Smarter now. 

21 hours ago, AlexandriteGem said:

The point is, you just found out.

Excuse me WTF?

I've been here since 2006, 2009 on this account. I've had Linden Homes a few times, I've had premium land since 2009.

I didn't "just find out" anything. I've known exactly how land works in SL for years. I've been trying to clarify your options to you... but you seem to be possessed of some attitude over the very fact that they are giving you more now than you used to get...

Maybe I misread... but we're all trying to HELP you make the most of this gift - showing you your potential options. Don't get testy with us over that.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

there was ample opportunity for a private region owner to cut their recurring expenses by 33% during the buy-down period a couple of years ago.

A couple of years ago, yes. But I wouldn't call it *ample* as it was really just a few months. Scraping up the US$600 cash to convert one region was not easy in any sense of the word.

I think it needs to be done again, and better, that the tier on private regions is also dropped US$20 on top.

Edited by Callum Meriman

57 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

A couple of years ago, yes. But I wouldn't call it *ample* as it was really just a few months. Scraping up the US$600 cash to convert one region was not easy in any sense of the word.

I think it needs to be done again, and better, that the tier on private regions is also dropped US$20 on top.

I almost took advantage, but I had only gotten a full adult mainland region again a couple years ago, and decided not to jump back into private.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.