Clarification needed - Tier pricing and allotment change

Anne Cloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Alright, problem found. We'll get a fix out shortly, in the meantime we have a supercomplicated workaround... 

1. load https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php
2. scroll down and click save changes

Voila!  We'll update here once the fix is out. 

And yes, this new land allotment has no effect on group bonus. They stack just fine. 

No effect? But when I put the extra 512 I had into the group it added 563 as it always does. Is that what you mean by "stack", i.e. "no effect" means "it stays the same"? PS Buy milk!

BTW, I always have impeccable timing. I just had three tier donors tell me they were pulling out, so I bought 1536 additional tier on an alt yesterday -- ouch. I never seem to get the early memos like the cool kids!

But then, at least the prices are lowered now so I am saving money overall! This was good timing by the Lindens for me because I was just in the processing of figuring out how to shave off a half sim of tier which is something I always do when -- oh, that's a story for another time.

PS Tier is so confusing for many people -- I explain it as a blanket that you need to cover a bed (your land) before you can sleep (live there). I have a tutorial updated with the new offer here in my office.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

9 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Alright, problem found. We'll get a fix out shortly, in the meantime we have a supercomplicated workaround... 

1. load https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php
2. scroll down and click save changes

Voila!  We'll update here once the fix is out. 

And yes, this new land allotment has no effect on group bonus. They stack just fine. 

OK, I've been in SL awhile but I'm a n00b to buying land. What's the bonus for me buying land as a group rather than as an individual?

2 minutes ago, Alex Claridge said:

OK, I've been in SL awhile but I'm a n00b to buying land. What's the bonus for me buying land as a group rather than as an individual?

You donate tier to a group -- your 1024.  The group gets a 10% bonus, so you get an extra 102 tier available in the group for a total of 1126 sqm.  It doesn't really help much at small levels because you typically will not find a plot that is 1126 sqm, but you never know.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You donate tier to a group -- your 1024.  The group gets a 10% bonus, so you get an extra 102 tier available in the group for a total of 1126 sqm.  It doesn't really help much at small levels because you typically will not find a plot that is 1126 sqm, but you never know.

So 2048 sqm becomes 2252, etc.? 10% is better than nothing! Thanks!!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.