Clarification needed - Tier pricing and allotment change

Anne Cloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - I'm writing this in response to 

Which is great on the surface! But i'm noticing I can't apply my bonus to my group, which is basically the only way I use my tier. 

Was this intentional or is some change in the viewer forthcoming to allow group members to donate any amount up to their full allotment? Neither the blog post nor the knowledge base article covers this from what I can tell.

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

perhaps use the landforum.. or even GD ? This is for:  Forums, Answers and Knowledge Base Feedback Only

If the appropriate individuals want to move this thread, they're welcome to, however I'm specifically giving feedback to a Knowledge-base article, which appears to be deficient at this time.

Technically that's Featured News

The Knowledge Base post is here:

Not that I am an expert but the price changes may start today but what you have already paid for will not change.  I hope to see my land allotment  go up to 1024 this coming Tuesday.  However it may happen with the next maintenance cycle (midnight SLT tonight) and could be as late as my next quarterly payment.

Anyway; hoping for tonight and expecting next week. Patience.

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Technically that's Featured News

The Knowledge Base post is here:

Not that I am an expert but the price changes may start today but what you have already paid for will not change.  I hope to see my land allotment  go up to 1024 this coming Tuesday.  However it may happen with the next maintenance cycle (midnight SLT tonight) and could be as late as my next quarterly payment.

Anyway; hoping for tonight and expecting next week. Patience.

The viewer already allows purchase for one's self using the bonus allotment, but it seems it cannot be allocated to any group. 

• Lindens

Alright, problem found. We'll get a fix out shortly, in the meantime we have a supercomplicated workaround... 

1. load https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php
2. scroll down and click save changes

Voila!  We'll update here once the fix is out. 

And yes, this new land allotment has no effect on group bonus. They stack just fine. 

• Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Alright, problem found. We'll get a fix out shortly, in the meantime we have a supercomplicated workaround... 

And yes, this new land allotment has no effect on group bonus. They stack just fine. 

I have 1024 donated to a group -- was paying L$5 before.  Going to the Land Fees page, it has the 1024 button checked, thus showing my new fee at US $7.  I had to click the radio button next to 0 and save that to get it back to showing everything correctly.

The info on the Account Summary (which is what shows real billing info) is correct and does show the increase.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

Overall, I am definitely happy about getting double the tier allotment and the reduction of fees for the various tier levels.  Yet I'd still really like to see more levels in the tier structure.  I did notice that they have added a 3/4 region level, the half-way mark between 1/2 and full that was not there before.   However I'd like to see some more half-way levels at some of the lower levels.  I'd like to not jump from 8192 all the way to 16384.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was just now able to increase an alt's donation to the land group from the original 512 to 1024 and have it stick with no messages about increased tier or any other issues.

Sorry, I'm in brain-dead mode... this means: donate full 1024 to group = definitely "yes, works!"? Or anyone with a "no, doesn't"?

Blegh. That'll be a though choice...

1. See if the tier rental guy can lower his prices
  2. I stay premium, donate my share to my group and either pay or rent the remaining ... probably rent since the rest won't fit the tier stages
  3. Make alts premium ... hefty upfront cost in return for weekly pocket money and moaaar group slots... and donate everything to group.

Funny task for the weekend.

Just now, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Sorry, I'm in brain-dead mode... this means: donate full 1024 to group = definitely "yes, works!"? Or anyone with a "no, doesn't"?

In theory, anyone should now be able to donate their full 1024 to a group -- either an initial 1024 donation or increase a previous 512 to 1024.  If the avi was logged on when they rolled out the change (and possible fixes), they might need to relog before it will work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Was having the same problem with attempting to donate the bonus 512 to my group. Glad the workaround for updating it is as simple as hitting the "Save Changes" button on the Land Use Fees tab for now. xDThanks!

The picture that blog post linked to is showing the Total tier INCLUDING your free tier.

The Land Use Fees page is showing the cost of any tier ABOVE your free tier.

i.e. The post shows 1024 free w/ Premium and 1536 will cost $4 and 1024 will cost $7.  Remove your free 1024 from those numbers and you get 512 for $4 and 1024 for $7, which matches the Land Use Fees page.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense.  I had to stare at it for a short bit to figure out what they had done with those charts.  The way I actually figured it out is that there really is not a tier level for 1536, 3072, 5120, etc... yet those are the levels they show in their chart.

So this is showing the cost you would have based on the TOTAL tier being used (and compares old to now):
image.thumb.png.bcb672f080db85af25fe009c938fac2c.png

Whereas this is how much it will cost to add tier ABOVE your Premium allotment:
image.png.818afef361375723381f65db01340526.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

3. The important missing step - Relog

Edited by Callum Meriman

I went back with another alt.  The only way I could get it to work:

Log out of SL
Log in to dashboard, go to Land Use Fees, click Save button (without any changes)
Log back in to SL and increase the donation to the group and Save.  I logged out and back in and the donation is still there and it shows on the Group Land page off the dashboard.

Oddly enough, it does not yet show up to me when I list Members in the group profile.  I am still seeing this one alt as having donated 512.  However, the 'Land available' on the Land/Assets tab does reflect the additional 512.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.