what do i do if i have someone spying on me all the time

LadyJoRedRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

there is someone on SL who spies on me constantly he knows what type of house I have on SL and who I talk to. he constantly harasses me in a club I go to frequently.

he says that he is a creator and he wont get into trouble for his actions and even if he did he has several alts that he can use to make my life a living hell.

I want to know what can I do about it because he is making my life unpleasant on SL and wanting to quit.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, LadyJoRedRose said:

there is someone on SL who spies on me constantly he knows what type of house I have on SL and who I talk to. he constantly harasses me in a club I go to frequently.

he says that he is a creator and he wont get into trouble for his actions and even if he did he has several alts that he can use to make my life a living hell.

I want to know what can I do about it because he is making my life unpleasant on SL and wanting to quit.

Find a new club to hangout in.  Block the person inworld so that they cannot communicate with you.  Get a security orb for your house - or if him knowing where you live really bothers you then move.

Otherwise, completely ignore the person.

• Like 3

Follow the advice you've been given and completely ignore him.

By the way, being a creator gives you no special privileges.

There are some additional things you can do.

• Block, or Mute (same thing, just two different terms) your harasser.  To do this, open his profile, and click the Block button.  Or if he's present, right click his avatar and select Block.
  • Ban him by name from your land.  Do this in World>Parcel Details>Access tab.  Click Add, then add his user name to your ban list.
  • Add him to the ban list of a security orb, if you use one.
  • Also in the About Land window, select the Options tab, and UNcheck the box "avatars outside this parcel can see/hear avatars on this parcel".  This will keep him from being able to cam in and see you from outside your land parcel.  The downside is, you cannot cam to him either...but you'll still be able to detect him in the People/Nearby window.

Mute and ban any alts he uses to harrass you as well.

Ask your friends to mute and ban him too, if he should contact them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.