Confusing SL and RL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Spent ages tearing my bedroom apart looking for a particular blue blouse only to dawn on me eventually that it was in Cindy's invent.  Pity that, I would have rocked it in RL

I have asked how many L$  something is in RL

I have started to give my name as Cindy in the doctors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

- Trying to camera-zoom onto websites in RL

I have done that many times.
Sometimes when I'm logged in and editing SL snapshots at the same time I try to camera zoom into the snapshot wondering :/"why it doesn't work?" :PxD

When walking in forest I start thinking that it would be cool to have mini map app on the phone to see who's nearby.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

One time I was walking down a street in my city and I could hear some noises coming from the other side of a wall, like construction-type noises. And I actually, physically did that little pre-jump thing, thinking I could fly up to look over the wall and see what was going on. Boy, did I feel stupid.

Also, my RL name is Lewis, and my last name begins with the same letter as Luminos. More than once I've found myself signing documents at work as "Lewis Luminos".  Um. Nope. 

I still try to alt-cam on other websites, especially YouTube, but I haven't tried to count the number of prims in a RL object since mesh started. I do often wish I had re-colour huds for all of my clothes though.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Haha 3

On 12.3.2018 at 6:07 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Some of us spend so much time in SL (or the Forums) that “confusion” sets in. Here are a couple classic examples, please share yours!

- Trying to camera-zoom onto websites in RL

- Wondering how many prim/LI a thing is in RL

What's RL?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am almost afraid to comment here lolol everyone seems to be on SL for a really long time makes wonder when I am going to start doing what all of you are doing I am your resident noob to SL only been here for 2 months found the forums the other days and well happy I did giggles think I want pizza now though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RisingGrace said:

I am almost afraid to comment here lolol everyone seems to be on SL for a really long time makes wonder when I am going to start doing what all of you are doing I am your resident noob to SL only been here for 2 months found the forums the other days and well happy I did giggles think I want pizza now though

ohhh just lean back, tell your sanity to go eff itself and enjoy the insanity ;) Have pizza, root beer, hit us up inworld and roam around the forums - you´re getting more out of SL than the average starter (I differenciate between noob *"new" or appearing to be new and doesn´t give a flying eff about it or is even proud of it, prolly a troll - and newcomer/freshie - we´ve all been there... it will pass ;)  You´re in good hands here... mad but good)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.