Skrill Not working?

MR Oxygen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi All!

I have been having issues buying L$.

I have tried using My Credit Card (That i figured is not accepted because it being prepaid), And also my Debit card. (Both these cards never failed me anywhere online).

Then i created a Skrill account got it verified. (Did some test payments someplaces which worked without a hitch), Also uploaded funds to my skrill account just to make sure everything goes smoothly (It has more funds than the amount of L$'s i am trying to buy)

On second life though, its another story. It says payment method added successfully (Skrill) and verification transaction proceeds smoothly.

Its still not letting me Buy L$'s and throws an error. "There was an Error Processing your payment". (System_Declined)

I have already tried contacting Skrill they say its clear on their end, and gave me an email to contact "skrill@lindenlab.com", I am still awaiting their reply after 7 days.

Also tried contacting support and they just said

We understand your frustration and have reviewed your account.

You many continue to use your Second Life account; however, payments will not be accepted.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Without any reason, help, support what so ever. and they closed the ticket.

Can anyone help me with this please. This is very frustrating.

Best Regards!

Mr.O

9 answers to this question

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

Local Toll-Free numbers

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

Hi All!

So i called the support and they were very nice and listened properly to the issue at hand and they launched a Ticket, and Today i got this response from the same person who responded to my previous ticket mentioned in my Above post.

Hello MR Oxygen,
Unfortunately it seems your payment option is not accepted in our system, please check with your bank.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So, I want to add 2 things here, The guy closed the ticket without even giving me time to add my response to this. Exactly what he did on my initial Ticket.

2nd, I already had a Talk with my Bank and Skrill, Both are saying there is no Issue at their End. (Besides, I am trying to Use skrill and the Funds are in my Verified Skrill Account instead of Bank)

On a side note though, i asked my friend who is in Australia to create his own account on SL and try to buy L$, and he is having excatly the same issue. Paypal, Credit Card, Master Card nothing seems to work for him too.

I am confused.

All i want is to buy some L$ to spend ingame (Not to trade or Exchange or convert back to $, etc)

Thanks and Regards!

MR.O

28 minutes ago, MR Oxygen said:

I am trying to Use skrill and the Funds are in my Verified Skrill Account instead of Bank

Call Billing Support back and specifically tell them this.  Reference the ticket and ask them why a 'verified Skrill with funds already in it' would have problems.

Side note - The people dealing with the tickets are not all on the same level of expertise with things and so sometimes, you don't really get the "full correct response" on something.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Hi!

So i called them again The Billing support, and to my surprise i got a really strange response. Representitive said,

The payment method is not accepted by our system. I apologize that i do not have any further Information regarding the Payment Method that you are using. O.o

I told them that your Billing Page says that it (SKRILL) is supported and i am Using VERIFIED SKRILL with the Funds In the SKRILL Acc.:S  Representitive  said

I apologise, I do not have any further information.

Like really? SKRILL is Right there on the Billing Page, SKRILL has a Page about SecondLife Payment, SKRILL Support even told me that LL has its own Skrill Support "skrill@lindenlabs.com" if you have issues with payment. (i have already emailed them twice now about 2 weeks ago and no response till now)

I dont know what to do anymore... :(:|  The ticket is still up.... Hoping for ....  i dont know ....

[UPDATE]

This is their Final Response from the same guy who responded to my previous tickets.

Hello MR Oxygen,

Thank you for contacting us. We have reviewed your account.

Unfortunately, there is no new information that we can provide. Your payments have not been successful and they may continue to fail.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I am officially done. :(

Edited by MR Oxygen

For me Skrill stopped working, too.

Similarly, the email to Skrill gave that, on their side, all is fine.

With me I could understand, to a degree, getting my Skrill account blacklisted.
I log in mostly just to boost L$ to a few friends, as I myself mostly do then and when a scenery photo session. So, the money is mostly for my friends to staff themselves with suitable avatars and to scout for locations. for me. But a photosession takes, like, an hour once a month, and then I am several weekends busy postprocessing and gimping the pictures.

But what should I do then? Create a new skrill account, use that until its blocked? Or even full SL twinking? For my usage of SL i really do not need any equipment on my avatar. Only my hardware. Considering I have a fully registered email server, I can create a few thousand email addresses. It seems rather counterproductive to have to go to such lengths just to allow somebody to buy a forest elf costume to enable me to take a bunch of high res LotR inspired photos.

40 minutes ago, Relayer85 said:

For me Skrill stopped working, too.

Similarly, the email to Skrill gave that, on their side, all is fine.

With me I could understand, to a degree, getting my Skrill account blacklisted.
I log in mostly just to boost L$ to a few friends, as I myself mostly do then and when a scenery photo session. So, the money is mostly for my friends to staff themselves with suitable avatars and to scout for locations. for me. But a photosession takes, like, an hour once a month, and then I am several weekends busy postprocessing and gimping the pictures.

But what should I do then? Create a new skrill account, use that until its blocked? Or even full SL twinking? For my usage of SL i really do not need any equipment on my avatar. Only my hardware. Considering I have a fully registered email server, I can create a few thousand email addresses. It seems rather counterproductive to have to go to such lengths just to allow somebody to buy a forest elf costume to enable me to take a bunch of high res LotR inspired photos.

If LL is blocking the usage of your Skrill account, you should first talk to Billing:
  Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

If Skrill is the one blocking the usage, you'll have to deal with them or provide LL another payment method.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.