Jump to content
Love Zhaoying

Why is your Avatar a ______?

Recommended Posts

I sometimes get “why are you a Neko”? - mostly from the furry community, who often seem prejudiced against those who are not “fully fur”. (It’s very hurtful, I have many ButtHurt Reports to prove it). But I digress..

Why am I a Neko Lion in particular? I gravitated to Lion avatars as my fursona back in 2007. I wasn’t sure why at the time..while I had been a “cat person” in my RL youth, and enjoyed lion stories, I had long since become a “dog person”.

But around 2009 I finally realized - the reason I chose “Neko Lion” (bipedal, with both human and lion characteristics) is because the first Furry fiction I ever read was stories about “Nekobe” - who was more Lion than Human.  I was pretty touched by those stories.

Why are you a ______ in SL?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get "Why are you so small" asked a lot. I usually tell em because A I'm part bunneh and C I'm a doll :P

Most of the time though although its more what than why. I get asked "whats an Usagi?"

Edited by ForrestChild
stuff, things
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Dryad because I didn't want to try to fiddle with trying to put on elf ears. :P  Besides, changing my horns is pretty fun... though I usually wear the same set for most things. lol  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Catrie said:

I'm a Dryad because I didn't want to try to fiddle with trying to put on elf ears. :P  Besides, changing my horns is pretty fun... though I usually wear the same set for most things. lol  

If someone were to rub your horns, is there sensation? 

Asking for a friend.

15A65D37-633B-459F-95C6-4234A9AAC2AB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If someone were to rub your horns, is there sensation? 

Asking for a friend.

15A65D37-633B-459F-95C6-4234A9AAC2AB.jpeg

Your friend will have try and find out.  lol   I don't bite....unless asked.  lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Catrie said:

Your friend will have try and find out.  lol   I don't bite....unless asked.  lol  

Well then, hopefully it feels GOOD if someone..erm..caresses your horns!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Well then, hopefully it feels GOOD if someone..erm..caresses your horns!

I will neither confirm nor deny that it does indeed feel good if someone caresses my horns. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Catrie said:

I will neither confirm nor deny that it does indeed feel good if someone caresses my horns. lol 

I will decide that it feels good, and that they change shape (or grow, or straighten) when it feels REALLY good!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I turned out as I'm. I was a MLP before that I was a one from a dozen male (bald, lots of muscles).

Then one day I saw a "fanboy" avatar and I was curious what is that. Turn'd out I can't read and it was a femboy, with a seriously ugly shape. And from there is history, kinda boring history no sex, bit of drama, nobody die.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

Before I turned out as I'm. I was a MLP before that I was a one from a dozen male (bald, lots of muscles).

Then one day I saw a "fanboy" avatar and I was curious what is that. Turn'd out I can't read and it was a femboy, with a seriously ugly shape. And from there is history, kinda boring history no sex, bit of drama, nobody die.  

4

which pony were you`? :x

and well you´ve made quite the improvement and have a rare look now  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

which pony were you`? :x

and well you´ve made quite the improvement and have a rare look now  :)

begining_enghanry_derek_ strip

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

Before I turned out as I'm. I was a MLP before that I was a one from a dozen male (bald, lots of muscles).

Then one day I saw a "fanboy" avatar and I was curious what is that. Turn'd out I can't read and it was a femboy, with a seriously ugly shape. And from there is history, kinda boring history no sex, bit of drama, nobody die.  

So, your were a Brony?

Femboys are hot.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Do=>So

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do your were a Brony?

 

No but it was funny, and I had no or just very little problem with dressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't really say that I am an anything, because I am human and have always been human aside from a couple of brief years being an elf and a neko like "everyone" did when it was trending (hah), and I do believe I spent a couple of years as a Waterhorse draft. Skewing this question a bit - I'm often asked why I dress as modestly as I do. I have nothing wrong with people who live their SL, taking advantage of the flawlessness of SL perfection with smooth skin, perky melons, and tight 'cheeks, of course. 

I do it because I want to. We do everything in SL because we can and we want to, and it blows my mind why people get up on soapboxes telling others that they can't be who they want to be.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 12, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I sometimes get “why are you a Neko”? - mostly from the furry community, who often seem prejudiced against those who are not “fully fur”. (It’s very hurtful, I have many ButtHurt Reports to prove it). But I digress..

Why am I a Neko Lion in particular? I gravitated to Lion avatars as my fursona back in 2007. I wasn’t sure why at the time..while I had been a “cat person” in my RL youth, and enjoyed lion stories, I had long since become a “dog person”.

But around 2009 I finally realized - the reason I chose “Neko Lion” (bipedal, with both human and lion characteristics) is because the first Furry fiction I ever read was stories about “Nekobe” - who was more Lion than Human.  I was pretty touched by those stories.

Why are you a ______ in SL?

Most of the common questions I get is why I'm a Neko. Whilst, I'm not a Neko 24/7, my profile picture is me in my neko avi. I guess I'm quite lucky and that Ive never experienced such prejudice from furries. Its a shame that you've had those experiences, you would think furries would understand the most! 

Edited by OnlyMon
grammar
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been primarily an elf, my avatar's appearance is partly inspired by Maitimo, aka Maedhros from Tolkien's Silmarillion. "Matty" is short for Maitimo, not Matthew.

I also used to be Neko for a long time, partly because my RL boyfriend calls me "kitten" - I can go from cute-and-purring to a ball of spitting fury in three seconds flat. And partly because when I was a stripper in a gay club, I got way more tips when I was Neko. I never got any prejudice from furries (I even dated one in-world for a while) nor from humans either. However I did find that it led most gay men to assume that I was a submissive, which is most definitely not the case.

I've pretty much stopped being Neko now though, mainly because since switching to a mesh body, no-one has made an Omega-compatible tintable tiger-stripe tattoo that looks anywhere near as good as my original. Besides, I can't wear two tattoo layers at the same time anyway. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a couple of things, but got rarely asked the "why" question.

I started as a human and then discovered furries. I spent a couple of years mainly as an Ocelot (while being always confused with a Cheetah) and only switched back to being human for my job as a dancer. Time passes and mesh comes around. I had to retire my Ocelot, mainly because the head wasn't suited for the new hair I wanted and overall it slowly started to look outdated. I tried a couple of times getting back into being a furry with other avatars, but realized that none of them could fully replace my Ocelot. So I spent some time as a normal human again, but got bored of that. That was when I became an elf and I have been one for some years now. More recently I added demon horns to my apperance and I really like them.

My main reason for my current avatar is, that I like to stay compathible with fashion, but add a little extra to that. I enjoy the idea of being a fantasy creature in a place like SL.

My reason for being an Ocelot was simply because that avatar really "spoke" to me. It looked pretty (the textures were amazing at that time) and I'm a cat person, but never could see myself as a house cat. I like to hope the creator ever does make an updated version of it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Why is your Avatar a ______?"

Because I haven't had enough coffee yet.

I'm not a  ______, I'm The _____ and that's Miss _____ for you, ____.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My avatar is a totally normal human because the elaborate fantasy outfits I love so much take lots of effort and I'm lazy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

"Why is your Avatar a _huntress_?"

Because I haven't had enough coffee yet.

I'm not a  _redhead_, I'm The _breakfast_ and that's Miss _coffee_ for you, _bacon_.

 

Mad Libs are fun!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...