Naval Base Jeogeot Point

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Flint/238/189/35

I have noticed something strange there. Usually, if I exit from Second Life, or Second Life drops me (likely to save link usage time, because I use an ordinary slowish link via a telephone line, and not a fast optic-fiber link), my next login starts me where I was when I exited, or where I was at the start of the previous run (if SL dropped me). But if I am in Naval Base Jeogeot Point, whether I exit SL voluntarily or SL drops me, when I log in again, it starts me at some random other place within the naval base. What is happening? Once that randomized restart started me inside a building with nothing in it to look at and no way out of except teleporting. Once it restarted me on the bottom of the harbor water.

The water-craft there including the submarine: are they merely for show, or can users buy copies of them?

Edited by CaptainJack Grauman

When you log back in when you were last at the Naval Base, does it always put you on the main entrance road between the police car and the security gate?  It looks like that parcel has a "Landing Point" set, so when one TP's in, one always lands at the set landing point.   I'm thinking this set landing point is also applicable for logging in to that parcel location as well. 

As for the water craft there, I imagine that the craft that are docked there belong to various members of the group that owns that parcel.  If you examine one that you're interested in,  you may be able to find the craft's name and/or creator, and could search for it on the marketplace.  Alternatively, if you're on the base when some of the group members are also there, you could ask them where the water craft can be purchased at.

4 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

When you log back in when you were last at the Naval Base, does it always put you on the main entrance road between the police car and the security gate? ...

It left me at various places within the naval base.

If I was inside the naval base. This effect did not happen if I was on the main road going past the naval base.

6 hours ago, CaptainJack Grauman said:

It left me at various places within the naval base.

If I was inside the naval base. This effect did not happen if I was on the main road going past the naval base.

If it put you at various places within the naval base, then I don't have an answer for that.  I don't normally log back in to 'last location', so there may be nuances about that behavior that I'm not aware of. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.