Unauthorized Linden charges

DlabIo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So i added my card to buy lindens and when i did attempt to buy lindens it declined and took a dollar off and i tried 2 more times and it took 2 more dollars off so im gonna need my money refunded so i can use my $30 in L's please and thank you

3 answers to this question

When you register your credit card as a payment method, Linden Lab does what most large business do. They submit a trial transaction to be sure that your card works.  They charge your card $1 and then immediately reverse the charge, paying you back. If the transfer works in both directions, your card passes the test.  If not, it's rejected as a payment method. The tricky part is that the "charge" and the "refund" never involve real money.  They are paper transactions, simply to test that the system works.  They show up on your credit card record as if they were real transactions, but because of the possibility of failure, they are only log entries.   

So, you did not lose any money at all.  It does sound as if your card failed the test, though.   If you were trying to use a prepaid card or a debit card of any kind, don't.  Try it again with a real credit card, or submit a verified PayPal account instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DlabIo said:

So i added my card to buy lindens and when i did attempt to buy lindens it declined and took a dollar off and i tried 2 more times and it took 2 more dollars off so im gonna need my money refunded so i can use my $30 in L's please and thank you

Side note -- We are all just other Residents here.  If you truly need LL support, you'll need to file a support ticket.  LL doesn't come to the forums often.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Side note -- We are all just other Residents here.  If you truly need LL support, you'll need to file a support ticket.  LL doesn't come to the forums often.

Unless someone brought tacos. Then the suits come out of the walls.

cbginb.jpg

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.