Sign in to follow this  
Naciah

Your Character Will Appear in a Moment

Has this happened to anyone else? I have had this issue on my account for ages, even now that I just returned. It is sort of annoying, but I just wonder why the game refuses to ackowledge the fact I am an experienced player. I have been playing almost 5 years now.

This pop up comes on my screen and tells me to choose my gender, that I can change it later, and to press F1 for any help.

Umm.. I am not new? I have a way more advanced character than they provide. I tried clicking out of it, but it would not let me. So I just chose female and it overwrote my current look with some hideous looking noob and then saved it to my inventory as an outfit titled "Female Goth Outfit". I am not sure if it cloned the name of one of my old outfits or if it is actually called that. This character looks like something from 2003. Even the new avatars they have now are ten times better.

Luckily, my real look was saved, so I immediately got rid of that ugly thing and I am going to delete the outfit. What can I do to prevent this in the future? I am seriously considering deleting all the starter crap to avoid this in the future. It would be nice to free up room in my inventory.
Anyone else experience a similar issue?

Reading the contents of the folder, I find the name of her to be "Girl Next Door".

That happens if some part of your current avatar was not valid or failed to load. It's possible (but should be very rare) that could happen because something took a very long time to load.

It's possible that something had changed while you were away. If it happens again, save your SecondLife.log file and post it in a  bug report.

• Like 2