Linden Dollars Weirdness

Jinnywitha Cleanslate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't really get what's gone on - but I had just under L$100 in my account... and my boss paid me, and has been paying me - I have lots of lines in IMs saying XYZ paid you XYZ amount... and I had a couple of Tips too.... and yet... my account remains as L$-189 ... how can this be?   I didn't know you could be in the minus with Linden labs.   I'm only on a free basic account, so I don't know if there is anyone I can contact, as something is clearly amiss.....  Any ideas whats happened, and how I can sort this out?

6 answers to this question

The best place to look to see what's going on is in your linden transaction history on your dashboard.  

Log in to your account at secondlife.com, then under "Account" on the left side bar, select "L$ Transaction History".  By default, that only shows the current day's transactions, but you can change the date selection parameters so you can see the last 30 days.   You should be able to see the records for the actual transactions - both those that add to your balance, and those that subtract from your balance.  

• Like 1

You may belong to a group that asks all its members pay into evenly (to cover some costs such as listing). If this is the case, you may wish to drop out of the group. If you would like to see where the L's are going, click into your dashboard Account>L$ Transaction History. It will show all transaction during the last 30 days.

And yes, it is possible to carry a negative balance at SL, most likely due to group costs.

27 minutes ago, Jinnywitha Cleanslate said:

I don't really get what's gone on - but I had just under L$100 in my account... and my boss paid me, and has been paying me - I have lots of lines in IMs saying XYZ paid you XYZ amount... and I had a couple of Tips too.... and yet... my account remains as L$-189 ... how can this be?   I didn't know you could be in the minus with Linden labs.   I'm only on a free basic account, so I don't know if there is anyone I can contact, as something is clearly amiss.....  Any ideas whats happened, and how I can sort this out?

The L$ balance shown inworld sometimes gets borked.  As Moira mentioned, check your dashboard for the true amount.

If your dashboard agrees with the negative balance, then find the transactions in your history that are paying out money in order to figure out where it went.

Ahhh! - I just discovered an unexpected "group Liability" payout - that I didn't spot before.  I have now queried it with the group owner.  Will wait for the response.   Thanks for your help everyone!  Feel a bit silly now, for not noticing the listings in the Trans History!  Ooppps!   :D     Thanks again!  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.