You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

IF it is when you are just entering and you don't crash other places, that is a mystery as The Realms are made super efficient and for low entry machines (and they are old besides). IF it is just today, there may be something wrong.  IF it is over at The Field of Orange, then there are folks still who hang out there with graphics card crashers and that will do it. Stay away from that area (the whole sim) if that is going on. 

Would help to know which sim you are crashing in, if you go in to LR 2, LR 22, LR 162, LR 182 there is an almost guaranteed chance you'll get done by someone using a crasher or lagger if there aren't any crystal blockers who've made themselves visibly invisible. When i was allowed in the realms i learnt to steer well clear of LR 2 aka the orange grove because of the crashing. in other sims you are unlikely to run in to crashers but may well see certain faces parked in areas that prevent high value crystals from rezzing 

Lately I spend a lot of time in Portal Park, scripting and in blender, coz it's pretty quiet, and looks great.

Every single crash I've had in any of the LL stuff out there has come because of "Dragonball Z" named avatars in matching ripped meshes, and the "Cat AV with the broken tail" from the group of thieves.

For what I can tell people got a corrupted mesh uploaded... sometime... so when they want you gone, they simply crash you, for 0.02cents USD.

They ramp up to well over tens of billions of complexity, you simply don't stand a chance to not crash as it maxes all ram used on nearly all systems within a minute.

Some are using 20+ accounts, all named exactly the same, wearing the same thing, just incrementing a digit on the end, Some have been doing it every day for well over a year, why?

Linden Lab is literally paying them to crash you.

AR's are clearly useless and falling to deaf ears, so it's in their best interests to crash as many of you as possible.

I love the ideas in Portal Park, it's great to see the things from the Lindens and the Moles, but it's such a nasty horrible experience because they've let us trash it for others with no fear of reprise, and for profit.

The "Unofficial" group out there is full of people doing the same thing, calling themselves "Protectors", as they crash people who crashed them, for 0.02USD.

As an edit, as I type this, I've just been crashed twice, by 2 of them fighting over crystals.

They get booted out by the clouds, and instantly hit the TP to Portal Park while still wearing the junk.

Fun, isn't it?

for another edit... Three times in 10 minutes.

Edited by Ipecac Burnham
17 hours ago, Ipecac Burnham said:

The "Unofficial" group out there is full of people doing the same thing, calling themselves "Protectors", as they crash people who crashed them, for 0.02USD.

I don't think the unofficial group is the problem or ever has been. there's a new group that my alt got invited to where the goal of the group seems to be fight fire with fire and IMO these people in the group going around playing griefers at their own game claiming to use the same tools they do are nothing more than griefers themselves

Since this topic and the other active thread on the realms have caught attention, I haven't seen, or been crashed by a "Dragonball" avatar in days, which while a short period in itself, is the longest period I've been crash free while scripting in the Park for quite a long time.

I hope all the grid hoppers running around inside are also back to worrying about more important things... like shoes!, and not the one or two guys ruining it for them all.

Thank you, Linden Lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.