How do you track down a shop without profile picks?

Mosseveno Tenk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I finally switched to viewer 2, and I am horrified to find that profiles are not viewable (well, ok, they are, if I open my web browser). After stabbing around I find a way of viewing a profile from poking at someone in the group chat window... but i see no group, and no picks page, only the barest of bones of a profile.

Pretty? Sure. Useful? No.

The trend to form over function continues its downward tumble?

This must be killing inworld shopping. And most inworld merchants I know are all considering downsizing for lack of sales.

Please put the old profiles back in the viewer.

The groups should be listed on the right hand side of the web page, If they are not the Person who's profile you are looking at has them hidden. This can be done on the web version which is not smart for merchants to hide their stores, But the 3 levels of privacy is Friends Only, SL Residents Logged In and Everyone Including People on the web.

The move to web based profiles sux.  And if you are using viewer 2 you won't be able to see mine because I chose the privacy option that I DO NOT WANT MY PROFILE VISIBLE ON THE WEB.  Period!

They took something that was fast, fun & easy and made it slow, onerous & difficult.

Darren Scorpio wrote:

In order for web profiles to work in the viewer you must have cookies enabled from the viewer preferences.

and javascript if you want the actions menus to work... possibly plugins as well, as well as setting it to open in the internal browser (home sidebar tab requires all three to be enabled before you login or it will fail, search also requires all three now ::long-suffering-sigh:: )

ETA:
no Lithium, I did NOT want to make that a smiley

The whole profile thing is a mess.  I don't know anyone who wants to go to the web to see profile details and most people I know do not want their profiles appearing on the web, so block the content.  Like so many other not so good ideas, likely the brain child of someone who has spent little to no time inworld.

So, if you are looking for a shop, cross your fingers that search is working, type the name of shop and see if get lucky there

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.