ENVIRONMENT ENHANCEMENT PROJECT (EEP) and current Windlight (R) settings at altitudes

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Teager said:

I've actually noticed changes in my regions' windlight settings in the last ~3 weeks. I hadn't changed the environment settings for my two regions (Teegle and Acres) in years before that date, and hadn't recently updated my viewer either. I had wondered if it may be a server-side change related to EEP as well.

What I was seeing was that the fog and density multipliers were not working as they once did, making my usually diffused, foggy sunrise (based on AvatarOpt windlight setting) be stark bright with a solid white sky.

After waiting a few weeks to see if my graphics or the region would correct itself, I finally tried changing my evironment settings, and after several tries and a region restart, found that I couldn't. The settings repeatedly failed to change.

Eventually they did reportedly succeed in changing, but the settings once again were not what I was seeing in the edit sky preview; no fog.

I didn't think to check on another viewer, since I had not made any recent changes to firestorm, but perhaps I should if there's a chance it's a firestorm issue...

Edit: sorry for necro thread!

Yep it's a server bug

BUG-226815 - [EEP] Since the grid was rolled to 19.04.15.526263 yesterday, region windlight is broken for all legacy viewers - settings reset on Apply.

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.