Group Member Unable to Terraform her Owned parcel on my private island

MinkBlueleaf Fyrewik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Last I checked, in May 2016 setting land to group owned and giving the group members edit terrain permissions with the proper role was working. Fast forward to today, my group member cannot terraform the parcel even when they are in the group, under the role allowing editing of terrain, and is listed as owner of the parcel with the group set up for the parcel. No matter what I do, they cannot terraform their parcel (but they can terraform my entire island??) Has this group ability been disabled?

Edited by Raimi Syaka

4 answers to this question

Just checking .... You didn't say it explicitly, but may we assume that the flag to allow terraforming by group members in the parcel is set in that parcel's About Land >>> Options settings? It isn't enough to simply set the flag for the region.  If it isn't set for the parcel too, that might be the problem.

Yes. It is set in the parcel. And they still cannot terraform. (Also, from my understanding now, the entire region also has to be set along with the parcel? I'd rather they not be able to change my region, only the parcel but it looks like I will have to set both?)

Edited by Raimi Syaka

Oh, the region does have to be set to allow terraforming, or else none of the parcels can be.  Once you have allowed terraforming at the region level, though, be sure to forbid it on any parcels other than the ones where you want group members to be able to do it.  On my own region, I monitor parcel settings vigilantly to be sure that no owner has set a parcel to allow everyone to rez objects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.