Do pets get lost if I teleport to a different sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

As the title says, say I was to buy a pet such as a dog in SL rezzed it in one sim, but then I tp to a different sim, is there a danger I could loose the asset, and if not found would't be able to restore it?

The one I am looking at does have a HUD.

Many thanks for any help.

Quite a lot of "pets" have dirty little trick as "follow option": they are plain attachments which you "wear" like any other object. Thus, just like any other attachment, the attached ones will happily TP around with you.
My buddy goat and me highly recommend to check out Jian for such pets.

Those pets which you rez on your land at point A can - as far as I remember - only follow you to point B within the same region. But you should probably check for an info / feature description of your desired product to be absolutely sure.

• Like 1

Assuming you own the land...

Normally a rezzed-pet will stay inside the parcel. Badly behaved ones might sometimes go off world - that is, fall off the edge of the sim - in that case they normally end up inside your lost+found folder.

I've never lost a rezzed-pet, although sometimes they can be sneaky little critters and try to hide from you, ending up inside walls and trees.

Firestorm's area search is wonderful to find rezzed-pets who are playing hide and seek.

4 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I've never lost a rezzed-pet, although sometimes they can be sneaky little critters and try to hide from you, ending up inside walls and trees.

Firestorm's area search is wonderful to find rezzed-pets who are playing hide and seek.

To the OP -- if you CARRY the pet they you are fairly safe. Folks went all over carrying their bunnies including me.  JUST IN CASE -- Write down the UUID of the pet so if lost you have a chance of retrieval from the database on a support ticket.

And to Callum --- I noticed lately (since I got back to MOSP ,  so January) that area search is no longer working for Pearl who does get into mischief easily. I USED to work perfectly, but now I only see the info if she is about 10 meters away (sometimes not until 2 meter) and by then you know where she is. This is on Firestorm so it may be a viewer issue. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.