Late yesterday I was banned from the SEX NUDE BEACH APHRODISIAC, but I have no idea why.

Bryce2k10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not aware of doing anything wrong.  Didn't say or do anything malicious.  Also, I didn't receive anything by email or any other way explaining why the ban.  I'd like to understand why this happened, but if the authorities are silent about it I can't learn from the experience, since I'm not aware of doing anything wrong.  An explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your replles.  I did nothing inappropriate.  I guess the sim owner didn't like my voicing dislike about what appeared to be spam continually showing up in chat. I left that sim because it was popping up every 15 seconds or so. But I did voice my disapproval in an assertive, appropriate manner. I assume they took offense at that. I had been going to that sim since April 1 when I joined SL.

However, if someone is going to ban me for my age (58), or no reason at all, I'll forget about coming on here.  You do that to enough people, and you won't have anyone wanting to participate..  To ban someone for no reason at all is obviously unjust, whether they can do it or not.  Power does not equal ethical or fair behavior.  Also, the no explanation provided doesn't sit well with me at all.  If Linden doesn't want my money or care that I am well behaved on here, so be it. I'm not a doormat and won't be treated like one.  Providing no explanation for your actions is simply wrong.  I don't care who you are. 

9 answers to this question

A landowner or sim manager can ban you from their sim for any reason or no reason at all and they are not obligated to give you any explanation. They can ban you because they don't like your name, your avatar or any other reason. Also if they thought that you are under 18 in RL then it is probably the reason why. There is nothing you can do, just go visit other sims, there are so many in SL.

It's usually smart to know the local rules, often included in the sim's covenant.  As others have said, a sim owner can ban you for having red hair or looking cross-eyed, the same way you can toss someone out of your own house in RL.  Still, most sim owners spell out the basics in a covenant.  If you ever have doubts about whether something you are about to do is allowed, check there first.  On a nude beach, I can think of a few things that might get you banned pretty fast......  :smileytongue:

• Like 2

Bryce2k10 wrote:

I'm not aware of doing anything wrong.  Didn't say or do anything malicious.  Also, I didn't receive anything by email or any other way explaining why the ban.  I'd like to understand why this happened, but if the authorities are silent about it I can't learn from the experience, since I'm not aware of doing anything wrong.  An explanation would be appreciated.

Are you sure you've been banned from there? You still have the group listed on your profile, and I am sure if you were banned, you would have been removed from the group. 

However, if you are sure you have been banned, you can always send the beach owner a polite notecard asking them to explain what you did wrong. This does not mean you will necessarily get a response at all.

Luckily, there are a lot of similar places in Second Life, so you have a choice of other venues at which to bare all.

It's possible Bryce to get banned accidentally, especially when we speak for the place with the biggest traffic in SL this moment (108,200).  The best you can do is to send a notecard to the owner there asking politely for an explanation and to ascertain that he/she is informed for the ban. Very often managers ban and no the owners. On the other side, if you dont get a reply, dont be sad. There are unlimited wonderful beaches in SL to visit and hang out and also no so laggy as sexy nude beach Aphrodisiac.

"Power does not equal ethical or fair behavior."

Sadly, not everyone plays by that rule. I remember teleporting to a store using a link from the market place but it turned out to be some kind of dance club. Before I could fully rez and see all of my surroundings I was banned. I went back with a friend and the manager/owners were standing there and my friend asked them why? The explanation was because I did not say hello to them. Hmmm... Seeing that everything was coming in slowly and they were speaking on a local chat it is easy to understand why i did not respond right away.

This is just an example of the powers that be. Whether unfair or unethical the owners and the managers given the option to ban is done at their discretion, even for what might seem to be the dumbest reasons.

I know the feeling of being unfairly banned and it does not sit well. Yes, see if you can get an answer from the owner, hope for a response because Linden will not get involved. If you don't get a response there are plenty of other beautiful beaches that will be happy to have you come there. (It's their lost):matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Bryce, that is one of the unfortunate down-cast about Second-Life.

Land-Barons are given golden-ties by LL, and unfortunately some have become piggish with power about it. There is no fairness or accountability Land-Owners are governed by unless it violates their terms of service with Linden Labs or/and Real-Life laws. They can make rules, and they can break them, they can ban for the little things or no reason at all. That does not mean one has to be a rug just because someone owns land. They are not infinite power, and those who have behaved this way continously have earned sooner or later, some sort of retribution from those whom they've poorly handled by either loosing their customers due to their own poor management skills or a bad rep because their clients(whom they forget, bring them traffics/lindens in the first place) have become tired of being treated like horse manure.

You are not obligated to give them your traffic or lindens, just as they are not obligated to keep their virtual lands open to the public. Try to speak to the owner of the land if u can about your situation, but don't be surprise if your handed a sloppy or no response at all. Best is to find other places(which are plenty in the nude section) and not waste anymore of your time on places that have treated you unfairly. In the end, it's their lost and your under no condition to contribute to those places by giving them your traffic or lindens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.