Altamura Full Version Valentina

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Apparently, Altamura is going to have a full version of the Valentina Bento body available at the Skin fair for only L$300, though you do have to be a group member to purchase it.  If you aren't a member of the group, that will cost you another L$50.

Quite a few of us picked up the free Valentina a while back for our alt accouts and this sounds like a pretty cheap upgrade to a full version of it.   By 'full version', I'm assuming that means it will be Omega compatible. 

• Like 2

Agreed it seems like a very good value. If folks picked up Valentina when  it was offered there was also a free group thing going on.  Always good to join when free LOL.  Altamura gives away plenty of free stuff and bargains.  I am also hoping that you can turn the head off an use another head if you wish. You can do this with some altamura bodies including some of the free versions - but not all :D. But appliers will help a lot with the "cookie cutter" look. It is a very nice body -- sort of thinish and young looking IMHO.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 3:01 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

By 'full version', I'm assuming that means it will be Omega compatible. 

Yes. Just confirmed in Altamura chat :)

I'm glad I didn't spend the L$900 promo price for the Jenny full version on my alt now...she already has the Omega-compatible Giselle head so now she'll have a bento body and two heads to choose from (as well as the Jenny free version) for L$340 <3

Edited by LexxiXhan

It seems Omega clothing appliers only go as far as the wrists and ankles on Valentina. I tested it on the demo version and an Altamura rep confirmed it, and if you look on the Layers page of the HUD the Altamura applier icons show the feet and hands while the Omega icons don't. So if you want to wear stockings etc they will have to be Altamura appliers. It's a nice body though, especially the head.

Edited by angeoco
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, angeoco said:

It seems Omega clothing appliers only go as far as the wrists and ankles on Valentina. I tested it on the demo version and an Altamura rep confirmed it, and if you look on the Layers page of the HUD the Altamura applier icons show the feet and hands while the Omega icons don't. So if you want to wear stockings etc they will have to be Altamura appliers. It's a nice body though, especially the head.

But SKIN APPLIERS works as expected?  I haven't tried the demo yet.  I am a little confused as you really MUST be able to change skins or there isn't much point in getting the full version.  I will check it out for sure later :D. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

But SKIN APPLIERS works as expected?  I haven't tried the demo yet.  I am a little confused as you really MUST be able to change skins or there isn't much point in getting the full version.  I will check it out for sure later :D. 

Yes, Omega skin applies to the whole body. Phew.

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, angeoco said:

Ew I hadn't even thought of that. I did discover that Omega nails don't work with Altamura bodies and confirmed it with a rep, but it did not occur to me that the hands and feet wouldn't work. They put the whole body together as one object, why would they not have Omega for all of it?

It may have been my windlight, but I even noticed a neck seam with the full release of their Robert body and head. There's just not enough time in the day to fiddle with pesky alts and their wants =~.^=

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

There's just not enough time in the day to fiddle with pesky alts and their wants =~.^=

One of mine is very grudge-bearing. If I don't look after her wants I'll never get her to do the stuff I need her for without subbing to her for a few days..

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought people were going yesterday. They sure were posting about it!

They advertised that if you were in certain groups you could get in yesterday but I was in one of the groups and NO info in that group and the sim was locked for "outsiders" so not sure what happened there.  Premium folks can try to get in now. Other than that, most likely not. 50,000 complexity enforced and you can't be naked :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought people were going yesterday. They sure were posting about it!

Bloggers and such had early access on the 7th (some a couple days before that), sponsor groups had early access yesterday, fair opened today officially at 12 SLT.

The Valentina body will be available for Altamura group members at the promo 300L price the duration of the fair which runs until the 25th of March

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I did discover that Omega nails don't work with Altamura bodies

Valentina comes with a very good tintable nails applier with settings for each finger/toe, so we won't be stuck there.

• Like 2

If you want people to not stick around after their purchase, try a variation of the “Pirate’s Song”:

I rezzed myself upon the sim

Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho!

I spent my dirty Lindens on a Skin!

Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho!

She said, “Get yer skin, then get fecken out!

You’ve made yer purchase, now be rezzin’ on out”

Yo-ho, Yo-ho, Yo-ho!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

There's just not enough time in the day to fiddle with pesky alts and their wants =~.^=

^^ most definitely.

My alts get very little time and thus very little customizing.  I've been picking up the free and super cheap bodies/heads for them so that they have something somewhat more current and better looking than their super old standard avi bodies.  For most of the alts, those bodies/heads have just sat in inventory waiting for me to have time to play with them (or care enough to make time).  Only one alt has actually played with the various mesh stuff.

• Like 1

So here is my gal with the demo body and the current WOW gift skin.  I had a time with the hud and REALLY needed to turn the teeth off (they seem very wonky and the AO effects are pretty weird -- like over the top), But she looks good and no neck seam. You can turn arm tattoos on and off separate arms which is pretty cool. The micro layer of the hud has too many cuts IMHO. I can't even see them on my screen LOL.   AHHH there is a ZOOM feature thank goodness. Anyway just showing and telling. 

5aa338c46cdde_valentinawowskin.thumb.JPG.ff4bc6bb59508dfd372f0f8ad71dc6fb.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3

OK I bought the L$300 Altamura Valentina head and body for one of my alts and here is my full report:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/03/11/second-life-steals-and-deals-get-a-full-bento-altamura-mesh-avatar-head-and-body-for-only-l300-at-the-2018-skin-fair/

It's a really great deal for a mesh avatar head and body will all the extras (full alphas, layers, five skin colours, full makeup options, Bento, Omega compatible, etc.). 

Considering that you still have to pay L$2750 for Maitreya Lara (just for the body), and that most Maitreya clothing fits the Altamura body well, this is an exceptional deal. The Altamura feet are Slink compatible too, so finding shoes is not a problem. 

This makes the $500 fire-sale price on TMP bodies look even more like a losing proposition....

Altamura Valentina 1 11 Mar 2018_001.png

Altamura Valentina 3 11 Mar 2018_001.png

Altamura Valentina 5 11 Mar 2018_001.png

• Like 5

On 09/03/2018 at 4:00 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

^^ most definitely.

My alts get very little time and thus very little customizing.  I've been picking up the free and super cheap bodies/heads for them so that they have something somewhat more current and better looking than their super old standard avi bodies.  For most of the alts, those bodies/heads have just sat in inventory waiting for me to have time to play with them (or care enough to make time).  Only one alt has actually played with the various mesh stuff.

I'm like you, I have been picking up the dollarbie eBody mesh avatar bodies and the Altamura freebies for my alts (male and female). Akeruka has also had four different full Bento mesh avatar heads for sale at L$1 over the past year (two male and two female), so I picked those up for my alts too.

Between eBody, Altamura, and the Akeruka dollarbie heads, all my alts all look good now :-)

• Like 2

Here's a picture of another one of my alts, wearing the L$300 Altamura Valentina body and the dollarbie Akeruka Lulu head. The darkest skin tone on the Valentina body just about matches tone 9 of the Akeruka head, but there's still a bit of a neck seam so I grabbed a freebie choker from the freebie store at Ajuda SL Brasil to cover it. I think she looks fabulous!

By the way, in order to wear another head with the Valentina body, you need to alpha out the head on the body HUD, *PLUS* remove all the makeup options using the head HUD. Otherwise, you have the makeup from the Valentina head hovering over your replacement head.

Altamura Valentina Body Akeruka Lulu Head.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.