2018 Skin Fair!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Pandora Barzane said:

what Ive seen so far is that are no exclusives, so all the products will be sold in the regular shops (and on marketplace) after the event.

Just a general note. In events "exclusive" often means not sold in the store DURING the event but can be sold afterwards. This differs from venue to venue of course, but most of the ones I have been in are as above as apposed to sold only at the event and never seen again afterwards. 

Gimme Gacha is the only event that I have been in that I can remember when you had to retire a product -- and those are just the pull the machine and get the extra special item(s) of the set. The regular gacha can be sold afterwards. 

Just for new folks that might get confused over that "exclusive" term. Would be good if that was standard ^^.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just a general note. In events "exclusive" often means not sold in the store DURING the event but can be sold afterwards. This differs from venue to venue of course, but most of the ones I have been in are as above as apposed to sold only at the event and never seen again afterwards. 

Gimme Gacha is the only event that I have been in that I can remember when you had to retire a product -- and those are just the pull the machine and get the extra special item(s) of the set. The regular gacha can be sold afterwards. 

Just for new folks that might get confused over that "exclusive" term. Would be good if that was standard ^^.

Hmm..not exclusive, but think I gotcha.

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Almost always shapes and makeup. 

Judging from the previews so far, it's my impression that the "Skin Fair" might more of a "make-up and appliers / tattoos / hairbases / shapes and a skin every now and then" fair. o.O
Plus stuff where I can't even tell what the product is, just that the vendor pic shows all existing compability signs for male mesh bodies and some disfigured, blurry something of a torso which might have come straight from a Freebie Dungeon of 2004.

But anyway. That mix is is ... well... okay. Somehow. But it's just pretty much the same which you can get on any random other shopping event. Personally, I'd wish for more focus for a themed event.

I do hope that browsing in person will leave a better impression. After all, the "full mesh" make-over for two of my alts rested on hold, hoping there'd be shiny new stunning bits to get, but I fear there might be a stunning disappointment instead.

Right now, I only feel like buying all LeLutka and Omega appliers or perhaps just the Omega stuff. Those Catwa exclusive offers are probably the counterpart of "Maitreya body only" releases, except that configuring an Omega applier with your UUIDs not even remotely comes close to the hassle of rigging clothes for different bodies. But hey... if they don't want more sales to non-Catwa folks...

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
Forgot the hairbases...
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

After all, the "full mesh" make-over for two of my alts rested on hold, hoping there'd be shiny new stunning bits to get, but I fear there might be a stunning disappointment instead.

It is actually getting a little dicey like that at MANY events these days. "Fill-in" creators to fill up the spots. :(

Posted on another thread but the altamura Valentina body (was and may still be a free version) will be $300 for GROUP MEMBERS (you need to join the group before the event.  This will be Omega compatible. The free version has a nice hud. I am hoping (and thinking yes) that the head can be alphaed to use another head if you so desire. So there will be crowds at Skin Fair, but may mostly be to pick up this body LOL.     So possible for your alts maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Male alts, I probably should have specified. B|

Well darn. HARDER for sure. There is a free mesh altamura body (join teleport.hub for $10) for guys. I have one for myself when I need to get in male garb. The original ones let you turn off the head but I heard that might not be the case any longer (don't know for sure).  They are very nice and work well with a fair amount of clothes with  a little tweaking :D.   You need to wear the hand AO if you don't have a Bento AO or you get that splayed hands thing. Not hard to get used to clicking the tiny AO when you log in. 

Yes, indeed, the 10L Altamura body has potential:

72682016ac7b0416627653d1a6bf5790.jpg

But for my liking, it won't be more than a temporary character's look.
And overall, I don't mind paying proper amounts of L$ for the guys. Both do have SLink bodies, I'm hesitating on a mesh head, though, and perhaps switch to a different body.

Anyway... Session's Fair contribution looks nice: 

[ session ] Izaak & Tyler @ Skin Fair 2018

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

An update just came in on the Valentina body which will ONLY be sold at the Skin Fair and ONLY to altamura members. It is a full version and there is a demo body in the archives. So plenty of time to test it out.  And yes, since the early AAron free male bodies had the head off option it would be good to find some possible skins. You can't change the skin on the body of the free version (and honestly I tried the full version demo and it was pretty daunting) BUT if you can get a close match color wise that would do :D.  

• Thanks 1

I have been testing the Valentina demo, which the Altamura group sent out. The body is very slim, and I couldn't get it to look good with a curvy shape. It takes Omega skin appliers, but Omega clothing appliers only go as far as the ankles and wrists, so you can only wear Altamura stockings/socks/gloves/nails with it. But the head is really nice and works with all the appliers I tested; I would be very tempted to alpha out everything below the neck and wear it with another mesh body.

Edited by angeoco

I don't understand.  I thought the show opened today.  I finally found a link which is not easy to find went for 20 mins then the sims shut down?  

1. Links to the event and messaging around the schedule is very confusing?
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.