Derekmate

What are you listening right know.

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I hoped at first this was the “Putting out fire with gasoline” song, but that’s from “Cat People”!

• Like 1

I first heard this song on Prairie Home Companion some years ago. I  was driving home at the time, and had just taken the off ramp I-43 off-ramp near my house. That was fortunate timing because, for the first time in my life, I was unable to drive the car. The PHC video I found is of their entire performance and that's too long, so I've posted their performance from ACL.

It was at 2:25 in this song that I had to pull onto the shoulder. When the song ended, it took a full minute for me to regain enough composure to get back on the road home. The Civil Wars did not shine long (6 years), but few duos have shone brighter...

I saw them live at Turner Hall in Milwaukee a year or so later. The opening act was so loud they permanently damaged my hearing (tinnitus), but Joy Williams was mesmerizing. It was a bittersweet evening, and I wish I'd left the hall during the opening act, but what's done is done and I'll always have the memory of their performance.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Recent live version. Did not expect the whistle.

Sings along with that one :D nice version, and a fairly good sized audience.

72d5c19fa9fbc2dad1aabceb35c58f2c-png.jpg.6f07753d62aaaaf90459ea71b1286ce5.jpg

2c72d4e342deb4d1ec348f30e57d57e1.thumb.png.866db6b410e0b47d273a7acaaf102ccc.png

Edited by Callum Meriman

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sings along with that one :D nice version, and a fairly good sized audience.

72d5c19fa9fbc2dad1aabceb35c58f2c-png.jpg.6f07753d62aaaaf90459ea71b1286ce5.jpg

2c72d4e342deb4d1ec348f30e57d57e1.thumb.png.866db6b410e0b47d273a7acaaf102ccc.png

Yes! Nice outfit on Hyde, too!

• Like 1

I'm a bit sad today, so listening to Emu mewsic. That punk-pop emu stuff from peak-SL years still makes my spine tingle. So many dances when this was new mewsic.

• Thanks 1

These are very recent new songs for League of Legends. (PC game, also an e-sport)

This is basically a reveal for 4 new "skins" (alternative costumes) for 4 already existing characters in the game:

And this is this year's "theme song" for the international League of Legends e-sport event "Worlds 2018."

The people you see throughout the video are the top players attending the event, the weapons they carry belong to the in-game characters they've played in the past events.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

On 11/3/2018 at 9:50 AM, Callum Meriman said:

I'm a bit sad today, so listening to Emu mewsic. That punk-pop emu stuff from peak-SL years still makes my spine tingle. So many dances when this was new mewsic.

Here, we call it “Emo” music.