What are you listening to?

43 minutes ago, SusanPoora said:

Sorry to break the fun, but I just want to know how you guys are putting up the music in this way, rather than not just the link? Anyone?

Thank you, its much appreciated.

While on the YouTube or Vimeo page for the video you wish to post, copy the URL from your web browser's address bar. then open a new post here and paste the URL. In most cases you'll see the post embed and display properly. Sometimes the rights management settings for the video won't allow it and you'll get a message to that effect.

Good luck, Susan!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

While on the YouTube or Vimeo page for the video you wish to post, copy the URL from your web browser's address bar. then open a new post here and paste the URL. In most cases you'll see the post embed and display properly. Sometimes the rights management settings for the video won't allow it and you'll get a message to that effect.

Good luck, Susan!

Good to know it “should” work for Vimeo also. I’ve had thumbs not show, so gave up and stuck with YT. No errors yet, though.

I posted this video in May of last year, on a muggy day just after planting a gum tree in my backyard. A vicious winter and rapacious deer were more than the little thing could handle and I removed it over the weekend. I knew I was taking a chance with that tree, but Hartford's song made it seem worth the try. Both the tree and John Hartford are gone, but I have a photograph of the tree on the day I planted it, and I still have John's music...

• Like 1