How to send ticket to fix age?

DrAlexanderthebat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I knew Input my birthday right and it somehow glitched out and input the wrong birth for some reason and I know it and I'm not sure which section of support ticket section to get this fixed so I can tell them I'm older than 18 and no my birth certificate has vanished for some odd reason and if they need it....I will tell them my actual birthday if they "don't" change it after I say it I'm gonna complain to them to do it anyway!

• Confused 2

23 answers to this question

OK...I will totally ignore the fact that the OP apparently doesn't know his own birthday and cannot produce a birth certificate.  If those issues are really true, he has much bigger problems than Second Life ones.  I will also overlook the fact that, if he really put in a birth date that would require him to wait 5 or 6 years until he "reaches 18", he would be 12 or 13 years old, which is too young to be here in Second Life at all...the minimum real life age for SL is 16 (with certain extremely constrained exceptions which don't apply in this case.)

Instead, I'm going to assume that the only problem we have here is a confusion between Real Life and Second Life "age".

Your Real Life age is important at the time you register for your account, because you have to be 18 or older in order to get access to Moderate and Adult content and locations in SL.  After you input your Real Life birthday when you create your account it has no further purpose, and your real life age and birthday are never seen by anyone except Linden Lab.

You are "born" in Second Life the day you sign up for an account, and that day becomes your "rezday".  Many people have parties on their rezdays, just like for their Real Life birthdays.  Your rezday and your avatar age (how long you have been in SL) show up in your Profile.  Your Second Life age is important, at least during your first month or so in SL, because some land owners don't allow avatars under 30 days old (or 60, or 90) to visit their clubs.  This "age restriction" is an attempt to keep out troublemakers ("griefers") who make throwaway accounts just to go around harassing people and causing trouble.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

I knew Input my birthday right and it somehow glitched out and input the wrong birth for some reason and I know it and I'm not sure which section of support ticket section to get this fixed so I can tell them I'm older than 18 and no my birth certificate has vanished for some odd reason and if they need it....I will tell them my actual birthday if they "don't" change it after I say it I'm gonna complain to them to do it anyway!

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/home  just file a ticket using Account from the drop down.  They may ask for some proof though

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You don't see this?

Untitled.thumb.png.4f3323c61aba10893f6db777a272a534.png

I see that and other options are confusing to me to get this fixed and In case they need proof - I have my ID snapped where my birthdate is so they know to change it correctly, they really need to have the option to do fix it by users in case a screw up happens

Well not having had an issue - Account Issue - Change Account Details is where I would start but as for proof, I am sure they will need some official proof to protect themselves from allowing a child to access areas they shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Well not having had an issue - Account Issue - Change Account Details is where I would start but as for proof, I am sure they will need some official proof to protect themselves from allowing a child to access areas they shouldn't be.

don't see that for some odd reason since the glitch....I'll have to wait until like 5-6 years to get the glitch to change to 18 years... all I see is like

Abuse Appeal
Account Compromised

Account creation issue
lost password

reactivate account

viewer login and web login

(I manly use Firestorm for Secondlife anyway)

3 minutes ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

don't see that for some odd reason since the glitch....I'll have to wait until like 5-6 years to get the glitch to change to 18 years... all I see is like

Abuse Appeal
Account Compromised

Account creation issue   I would try that one then since you say a glitch happened in creating your account
lost password

reactivate account

viewer login and web login

(I manly use Firestorm for Secondlife anyway)

Edited by Cindy Evanier

34 minutes ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

like basic stuff and no way to have it fixed

yes, but how big are the chances somebody screws up/frauds makes a mistake with his day of birth.. so there's no section for changing age ......you need to pick a choice thats close to your problem.

Mis typing data isn't a glitch .....

I wonder what the viewer has to do with the support portal on the accountpage....

1 minute ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

Well for one it shows what age and birthdate one put and I'm sure I input mine in and it just went to the date it wants to view....so I'm not sure why it would do that!

where you see your birthdate?? after signing up it's not longer visible

2 minutes ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

maybe this could anwser it?

Screenshot 2018-03-07 08:01:49.png

that answers nothing... what matters is WHERE you see that

AND where you see your birthdate NOW

partial and cutted information brings more confusement than we'r being able to answer

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

well according to Firestorm (I use it to play Second Life) it says 2nd life born  2/21/2018 is that for the avatar or actual age? it's really confusing and the 1st life is well...blank as I don't have time to input everything.

it has nothing to do with the viewer you use.

You simply confuse things. There is NO real life information in your profile, UNLESS you add it yourself, and would be not smart to do so either... it's a virtual environment, there are always people around that will abuse that kind of info.

The birthdate in your profile is the date you joined SL.

this might be usefull

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Profile

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

okay I'm just checking if this is related real birthday or not, it's like confusing to use the avatar creation day as an age which to me sounds a little weird

no it's not weird

this is second life, and that IS the date you were born here. 

For most/lot of people here, giving a load of RL info will scare off, if you want that give it dosed, and only when they want to hear it.

15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

it is useful to help gauge your experience level.

Then again. :P

15 hours ago, DrAlexanderthebat said:

maybe this could anwser it?

Screenshot 2018-03-07 08:01:49.png

Please be careful of this. After your avatar has been created you shouldn't see a screen like this. It could indicate someone is trying to steal your account and indentity details.

Can you provide more details where you were asked this?

Additionally, you may wish to consider changing your in world password, just to be sure.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.