Free Premium land

MystressDream Westland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

A quick course on coordinates!

Every region is 256 x 256 meters in the X (east/west) and Y (north/south) directions.  The third dimension, Z, measures height, referenced to a zero plane (usually sea level, but not always, for private estate regions).  Coordinates in a region range from 0, 0 in the southwest corner to 255, 255 in the northeast corner.  While your viewer and the Map will always also use the Z coordinate, many times people will omit it as a convention for "ground level".  In most cases, if you input a value of around 20 for Z you will arrive at or near ground level.

Try using the main Map to find Brent Goose region and then enter coordinates of 240, 13, 2 and click Teleport.  That will get you to your new home...I tried exactly those numbers and wound up in your attic.  I checked the parcel description, and it is indeed the house assigned to you.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

Linden Home parcels are packed together tightly, so I'm guessing that you are looking at your neighbor's parcel instead of your own.  You should be able to teleport directly to the coordinates of your parcel.  That way you'll be sure which one is yours.

43 minutes ago, MystressDream Westland said:

I went through the steps to get the linden house and parcel, the only coordinate is shows me is Brent Goose (240,13)  The rest of the slurl is missing.  I am standing at 240,130, but can't find my house.  They are all surrounded by ban lines.

240, 130 is NOT 240, 13.   You should also be able to look in WORLD > SHOW OWNED LAND in the viewer and see your parcel.  You can teleport from there although you might end up on the roof and not inside. CLOSER anyway :D

39 minutes ago, MystressDream Westland said:

Thank you all for your help!  I was able to get to my house.  Now... (please don't shoot me) I want to upgrade to the new 1046 instead of 512 free land.  It amazes me that LL tells us about these changes, but doesn't provide information on how to change over to it.  Any suggestions?

you simlpy can BUY a 512 plot at the mainland  if you want to keep your Linden home.

If you want one plot of 1024 you need to abandon your Linden home and BUY a suitable mainland parcel.

i add "BUY" because you'll have to pay the selling resident for the land, you don't get the land for free, but only the tier payment for 1024 is included in your premium.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MystressDream Westland said:

Thank you all for your help!  I was able to get to my house.  Now... (please don't shoot me) I want to upgrade to the new 1046 instead of 512 free land.  It amazes me that LL tells us about these changes, but doesn't provide information on how to change over to it.  Any suggestions?

Your TIER allotment is being increased from 512 to 1024.  You are currently using 512 of your TIER allotment for your Linden Home. The Linden homes are not being upgraded to 1024 size. 

You can either:  
1) Keep you Linden Home and ignore the additional 512 tier.
2) Keep your Linden Home and buy a 512 piece of Mainland to apply the additional 512 tier to.  
3) Abandon your Linden Home and buy a 1024 piece of Mainland.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

When will the new linden homes be available? Is there a photo of what the new houses will look like ?  If we see a linden home open by the edge can we request that home ? Any way to get a linden home by the water ? Its hard to sit on my deck and all i see is the neighbors homes right in front of me.. I really wish i could get one by the edge.. I have found a few that are empty.. please let me know.. thank you

25 minutes ago, Sami Wildcat said:

When will the new linden homes be available? Is there a photo of what the new houses will look like ?  If we see a linden home open by the edge can we request that home ? Any way to get a linden home by the water ? Its hard to sit on my deck and all i see is the neighbors homes right in front of me.. I really wish i could get one by the edge.. I have found a few that are empty.. please let me know.. thank you

We have no clue exactly when the new homes will be ready, nor do we know what they will look like or if they will be on 1024 plots or stay on 512 plots. 

You cannot ever request a specific Linden Home.  You can abandon and re-select (type only) up to 5 times per day, trying to get whatever you really want.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Sami, the best way to get exactly what you want is to follow this procedure:

1. Use both the world map and Search to find Mainland parcels for sale.  When you find one that looks promising, teleport there and look around carefully.  Right click the ground, select About Land and read the information there.  Check out the neighboring parcels.  Fly up into the sky and check for skyboxes, laggy animal breeding farms, etc.
    1. Another place to check is the Land Auctions on this site.
  2. When you find a parcel you like, take a landmark (World/Landmark this place) so you can return easily.  Go back to your Linden Home.  Take or delete your objects there.
  3. Go to World/Parcel Details (or About Land).  Click the Abandon button to abandon your Linden Home.
  4. Return to the parcel you want to buy.  Open About Land and click the Buy button.  Congratulations!  You now own your very own Mainland parcel.
    1. Size:  If the land is 1024 m2 or less, you will pay no monthly tier on it.  You can buy a larger parcel, but you'll pay a tier fee on any Mainland you own beyond 1024 m2.
  5. Right click the ground, select Edit Terrain.  Use the terraforming tools to sculpt and smooth the land to make it look the way you want.
  6. Go to the Marketplace, and search for houses.  Look for ones that will fit the physical dimensions of your land parcel!  Visit the seller's in world store and look at the house in person before buying it.  Then go put your new home on your new land!
    1. Alternatives:  If the land is ugly at ground level, you may want a skybox instead.  Placing the skybox home above 1,000 m will give you a lot less lag.  Another alternative is to design and build your home yourself, using SL's built in creation tools.  This takes some practice, but the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives in Natoma has a series of excellent tutorials to improve your skills.

I teach a class about land on Saturdays, at 12 noon SL time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.