Toddleedoo Bento head hairbases?

Ciera Richez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know where I can find hairbases for the Toddleedoo Bento heads? I've looked everywhere to no avail. I've tried "normal" hairbases that some told me would work, and they don't apply when I attempt to apply them.

Thanks in advance for the help. :D

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

The TD bento head can take Omega hairbases, but you need the Omega relay for it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-for-Toddleedoo/6531446

I have the Omega relay already, and have tried to use it with one hairbase that was recommended to me by one of the staff at Toddleedoo, and the hairbase didn't apply to my head at all. I contacted the creator at Toddleedoo and this was the response I got...

If you are wearing the Omega Relay, the "issue" is the Omega applier.
Omega applier are a bit weird: even if creators make them look just one, actually is divided in 3 (http://slpoweredbyomega.com/instructions/dev-kit-instructions/face-applier-change/), most people use the compact version.
Be sure to try to touch the Omega button in different spots: from left to right, from top to bottom.
You have to read  "Attempting to apply YOURAPPLIERNAME to to Whole Head" in local chat

Also remember that the shape actually does a lot on the hairbase result, your shape & eyebrows shape.

The hairbase I tried was from a store that was mentioned by a Toddleedoo staff member, and she said she uses hairbases from there with her child avatar and has no issues, but for some reason they don't work for me.

None of what the creator said to me tells me anything about what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to correct the problem. I'm just confused...I've never had an issue with Omega appliers before, but maybe that's because most to all of them are made for adult avatars, not children.

5 minutes ago, Ciera Richez said:

None of what the creator said to me tells me anything about what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to correct the problem. I'm just confused...I've never had an issue with Omega appliers before, but maybe that's because most to all of them are made for adult avatars, not children.

They work pretty much the same way.

First thing to check - is the hairbase you got an Omega one? If you have an omega relay for your adult head, try making a copy of that adult head and applying it to that - to start.

The rest, I really need to look at in world. It's been quite a while since I used the TD body and head myself - I seem to recall for the body you needed to rez it in world and drag a script into it, and I can't recall at this moment if you need to do the same for the head. I will reply in a few hours once I can log in and pull that head out of my inventory.

((I have way too many mesh bodies and heads O_o))

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

Baby Face (Faces?) is where most TDs get hairbases for their little mesh heads. Note: If you are using a catwa head or “adult” head, it won’t look proper because the TD hairline is much closer to the front of the head than “adult” hairbases (also the reason why omega won’t necessarily work in this case). ALSO you must add the “extra tattoo layer” from your TD package or the hairbase will not apply. You shouldn’t need to add any scripts.

Edited by norajulian
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

They work pretty much the same way.

First thing to check - is the hairbase you got an Omega one? If you have an omega relay for your adult head, try making a copy of that adult head and applying it to that - to start.

The rest, I really need to look at in world. It's been quite a while since I used the TD body and head myself - I seem to recall for the body you needed to rez it in world and drag a script into it, and I can't recall at this moment if you need to do the same for the head. I will reply in a few hours once I can log in and pull that head out of my inventory.

((I have way too many mesh bodies and heads O_o))

Yes, it is. I purposely made sure before I clicked to buy it that it was Omega, so I didn't make a mistake.

Ohh okay...maybe that's where I went wrong? I assumed the head would come with the listener script already inside it. I didn't see anything in the notecard that came with it about having to manually put it in there, so maybe I should try that.

Thank you so much for helping me!

7 minutes ago, norajulian said:

Baby Face (Faces?) is where most TDs get hairbases for their little mesh heads. Note: If you are using a catwa head or “adult” head, it won’t look proper because the TD hairline is much closer to the front of the head than “adult” hairbases (also the reason why omega won’t necessarily work in this case). ALSO you must add the “extra tattoo layer” from your TD package or the hairbase will not apply. 

Another staff member from Toddleedoo did recommend that place, but when I went there I didn't see any hairbases. Maybe I was in the wrong store? I don't know...I did a search for the place in Search and it was the only one that came up, but all I saw were Bebe heads? Could you possibly point me in the right direction?

I'm not wearing an adult head with the Toddleedoo. I'm wearing the Toddleedoo Alice Bento head.

Thank you so much for responding!

5 minutes ago, Ciera Richez said:

Another staff member from Toddleedoo did recommend that place, but when I went there I didn't see any hairbases. Maybe I was in the wrong store? I don't know...I did a search for the place in Search and it was the only one that came up, but all I saw were Bebe heads? Could you possibly point me in the right direction?

I'm not wearing an adult head with the Toddleedoo. I'm wearing the Toddleedoo Alice Bento head.

Thank you so much for responding!

When you go into the skybox, it will be on the far right corner. Area search for “hairbase”. It does say “meant for Bebe heads” but all td appliers are omega, and it works just as well. There are six different options, I believe? They come in black and white so will need tinted if you are blond or red headed, etc. The skybox should have a circle with garden things in the very center, unless the creator changed things around. Creator does not have a Mp, as last I remember. 

Edited by norajulian
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, norajulian said:

When you go into the skybox, it will be on the far right corner. Area search for “hairbase”. It does say “meant for Bebe heads” but all td appliers are omega, and it works just as well. There are six different options, I believe? They come in black and white so will need tinted if you are blond or red headed, etc. The skybox should have a circle with garden things in the very center, unless the creator changed things around. Creator does not have a Mp, as last I remember. 

Okay, I'll try that, thank you!

Okay, so I've figured out how to add the hairbase I bought from the store that was suggested to me by the one staff member! (You were right, Callum...the head didn't have the Omega script in it.) But now, as you can see from the picture, the hairbase took off my eyebrows, and when I put them back on, the hairbase comes off. LOL

Any idea on how I can wear both?

Snapshot_001.png

30 minutes ago, norajulian said:

Okay, I've found the hairbases...but I don't know how to tint them on this head. Do either of you, or anyone else, know how to do that? LOL

4 hours ago, Ciera Richez said:

Any idea on how I can wear both?

Ah, glad you got it working. You will have another item called "Extra Tattoo" You will need that for both eyebrows and hairbase.

First reapply your eyebrows (big brothers are meanies for shaving them off, so make sure you kick him later!)

Then take the head off and attach the extra tattoo object only... then apply the hairbase to that. After applying the hairbase you can put your head back on.

To colour it, you can edit it and set the colour using the edit tools.

Edit: just a further note for anyone who stumbles over this in the future, the Omega relay for TD heads is really slow, it can be up to 2 minutes before it will work. So put it on and wait a few minutes, then try again.

Edited by Callum Meriman

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Ah, glad you got it working. You will have another item called "Extra Tattoo" You will need that for both eyebrows and hairbase.

First reapply your eyebrows (big brothers are meanies for shaving them off, so make sure you kick him later!)

Then take the head off and attach the extra tattoo object only... then apply the hairbase to that. After applying the hairbase you can put your head back on.

To colour it, you can edit it and set the colour using the edit tools.

Edit: just a further note for anyone who stumbles over this in the future, the Omega relay for TD heads is really slow, it can be up to 2 minutes before it will work. So put it on and wait a few minutes, then try again.

OMG Thank you, thank you, thank you! When I first started this whole thing, I saw the extra tattoo layer, and I couldn't figure out how to use it! So thank you again for giving me instructions on this! I greatly appreciate the help! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.