Recurring problem in SL Fashion

Unregistered

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:55 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought the gist of it was 1) gacha culture and greed are bad for SL, 2) creators do not focus enough on ethnic avatars. Have you thought of becoming a creator?

Spinds like someone who is opposed to a free market, and thinks it only leads to evil, and therefor must be controlled for the greater good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I can go to a store and spend my money and not use a gacha machine, aka, not gamble.

But being in a state that is on the no access list to gaming sims, I can’t even go there to go to a store or watch a show.

Its painfully obvious that gacha is gambling so why can’t I go to gaming sims, aka, gambling sims, and not gamble.

I think this is the bigger question here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6.3.2018 at 8:45 PM, Alyona Su said:

I could be misinterpreting it, but Gacha is a game of chance, which is (technically) against TOS. bahahaha.

I *never* play Gachas or do breedables or do LIFE 2 HUD because they are all money-sinks designed to quickly and efficiently separate you from your money. The reason they are successful is that regarding those they prey on: stupid is as stupid does and as mean as that sound I say what I mean and mean what I say.

I do realize this post has been made a month ago but I still felt compelled to respond.

I sure felt stupid when I invested into the Meeroo breedables and made over 100.000L$ profit.
I sure felt really stupid when I invested into the Fennux Breedable and pulled in even more of a profit.

Clearly those breeders who had much more breedables to rely on for profits and made ten times my own profit felt stupid, too!

Maybe you should think twice before posting about things you admit to not even trying out thus have no experience with it.

31 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I do realize this post has been made a month ago but I still felt compelled to respond.

I sure felt stupid when I invested into the Meeroo breedables and made over 100.000L$ profit.
I sure felt really stupid when I invested into the Fennux Breedable and pulled in even more of a profit.

Clearly those breeders who had much more breedables to rely on for profits and made ten times my own profit felt stupid, too!

Maybe you should think twice before posting about things you admit to not even trying out thus have no experience with it.

But from my own experience I have to say, not everyone was so lucky!  I invested in two different breedables, and they were really hot at the time;  but only a select few managed to make any money on them..  the majority of us invested tons only to get back, such common ordinary offspring that couldn't even sell on the market,  meanwhile having to fork out more lindens to keep them fed and healthy.. I can say without a doubt I lost big time on both of those ventures.. so in my view I would say it was a money pit for sure.  Yes it was a gamble, but not really in the true "gambling" sense so not really against TOS.  I tried it I lost big time,  and won't do it again!  Lesson learned. 

Oh and as for Gachas;  wont' touch those either,  inevitably I always get stuff I don't want, and after sinking tons into a machine to get what I do want,  usually give up and accept the loss,  I don't have time to play around on some swap or sell forum or group either .. so after a few tries and a lot of discouragement,  I learned a lesson on those too and won't touch them again. 

Edited by Tazzie Tuque

31 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

But from my own experience I have to say, not everyone was so lucky!  I invested in two different breedables, and they were really hot at the time;  but only a select few managed to make any money on them..  the majority of us invested tons only to get back, such common ordinary offspring that couldn't even sell on the market,  meanwhile having to fork out more lindens to keep them fed and healthy.. I can say without a doubt I lost big time on both of those ventures.. so in my view I would say it was a money pit for sure.  Yes it was a gamble, but not really in the true "gambling" sense so not really against TOS.  I tried it I lost big time,  and won't do it again!  Lesson learned. 

Oh and as for Gachas;  wont' touch those either,  inevitably I always get stuff I don't want, and after sinking tons into a machine to get what I do want,  usually give up and accept the loss,  I don't have time to play around on some swap or sell forum or group either .. so after a few tries and a lot of discouragement,  I learned a lesson on those too and won't touch them again. 

It was only a money pit if you didn't take the time to look into how RL breeding works. If you gathered knowledge about it and understood it's workings - because both Meeroo and Fennux's breeding was directly modeled after https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/mendel/mendel_1.htm - you would have faired better. Mendel with his peas was the one to uncover the knowledge of genetic mechanisms and the two above named breedables were making use of that. It wasn't magic, they didn't make up their own rules, no, they specifically stated (and many of us tested this and found it to be true) that the breeding structure was the same as that found with mother nature.

Those who simply paired two cute things together without taking a look at their traits and more importantly their ancestors traits sure were throwing money away. They have only themselves to blame however. Breedables on their own were not a money sink at all, it was users who didn't know what they were doing who threw their money into that pit.

Edit: Breedables were not a gamble. One could strongly influence the outcome but just like in RL breeding there's unforseen results. What comes to mind is the rather fascinating story of a white couple giving birth to a child of color. He thought she cheated, she was confused AF. Turns out that *his* ancestors hailed from africa and somehow that genetic trait had become dominant in the baby and gave it a skin color that neither matched the parents nor grandparents.

Mutations also happen of course. But at the end of the day, if you had any idea of what you were doing you would have had enough good offpsring to pull in profits. At times hitting the jackpot, sometimes getting an undesireable but not to the point where it would be anywhere close to a money sink.

Edited by Syn Anatine

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

It was only a money pit if you didn't take the time to look into how RL breeding works. If you gathered knowledge about it and understood it's workings - because both Meeroo and Fennux's breeding was directly modeled after https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/mendel/mendel_1.htm - you would have faired better. Mendel with his peas was the one to uncover the knowledge of genetic mechanisms and the two above named breedables were making use of that. It wasn't magic, they didn't make up their own rules, no, they specifically stated (and many of us tested this and found it to be true) that the breeding structure was the same as that found with mother nature.

Those who simply paired two cute things together without taking a look at their traits and more importantly their ancestors traits sure were throwing money away. They have only themselves to blame however. Breedables on their own were not a money sink at all, it was users who didn't know what they were doing who threw their money into that pit.

FYI I did indeed take the time to  do exactly as you indicated above..  You should NOT assume ignorance of the folks who post here.. it is a huge mistake.  I did not post my experiences as a challenge to anyone to prove me wrong..  I did all I could to make these things work, and they simply did NOT.. MY experience.  lets just leave it at that ok?

2 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

FYI I did indeed take the time to  do exactly as you indicated above..  You should NOT assume ignorance of the folks who post here.. it is a huge mistake.  I did not post my experiences as a challenge to anyone to prove me wrong..  I did all I could to make these things work, and they simply did NOT.. MY experience.  lets just leave it at that ok?

Being up to par on genetics and how they work yet claiming to 'have lost big time' doesn't make any logical sense. Either you're not being entirely truthful or you had improbable bad luck that I haven't heard anyone else complain about. I was quite active within those communities back when they were big and spoke to many big time breeders on the regular, none of them reported what you state here. Those who complained about suffering big losses by only getting crappy offspring were ones who had no idea about breeding and I spent many evenings explaining things.

It's always easier blaming the system, isn't it?

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, gachas and breedables are a recurring problem in SL fashion? I’m really confused now.

Not yet, but wait until I find some fashion modeller drunk enough to help me release my stupid idea of a set of breedable panties =^:^=

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.